True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Tess
Vancouver WA
USA
75 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  09:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!

Sorry it's been so long since I've stopped by to say hi. We finally got internet here at the house so I don't have to beg others to use their computers.

Since I worked at MaryJanesFarm, I moved to Forks, WA so Bub could start his career as a counselor. That lasted 6 months (I just couldn't handle the seclusion or the weather) before we decided to move to Vancouver, WA to be closer to some of my family and where I could start school. I started off working for the Boys and Girls Club and the school district as a Rec. Assistant at their community center. That lasted for 6 months before I decided to help out my sister and be her nanny. So starting last Sept. I commute up to Seattle and live there 4 days and then commute back to Vancouver and live here for 3 days. The train runs by both our houses and for $25 per ticket, it's more economical and ecologically friendly. The other great part is I get to now take classes full time. All online, but they work out great just the same. In fact, last quarter I'm proud to say I earned a 4.0GPA!

Cadence (Cady for short), my little niece, is just the cutest darn thing. 8 months old and so full of energy and vinegar that it's hard to keep up with her. I've already decided that she's WAY too smart for me and it takes everything I have just to stay on a level playing field. But she is so much fun. She is learning how to walk and "cruises" along the furniture and is also learning that she can make different noises. That one is a lot of fun because she squeals in a high pitch shrill squeal every time she gets excited. And when she's eating and it's oh-so-important that she gets fed right away, she growls and "yells" at me.

In October I got to meet my brother's wife (they married over in Iraq (both in military) and moved to NC before I got a chance to meet her) and their 3 kiddos, Austin, Skylar, and Alexandria. What fun that was! I just love those three little angels. And to top it off Nancy (SIL) is due with Cynthia in April! I just love being an aunt. Bub has a niece and a nephew, Hailey and Grayson, that call me Aunt Tess and I just love it. I just love playing with all of them.

And to top it off, Bub proposed at Christmas and I accepted. I'm getting married!!

2008 was full of blessings and I'm excited for 2009.

Anyhow, I hope all is well with the Farmgirls. Julia, I hope Aria is doing well. I pray for her each day. Alee, Nora is just growing up so fast! Good luck with your school work.

Gotta go!

Much love,

Tess Paul

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  10:31:38 AM  Show Profile
Tess, it has been a long time. Good to see you back. And congratulations!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com [size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  12:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back Tess!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  12:51:48 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful to get such a thorough update, Tess. Please let us know all about your wedding: when, where, how? Sunny has moved to a farm in upstate NY and our son Brian has taken over her job. He's such an adorable "farmgirl" when he has to help out with the henhouses, sisterhood badges, and such. He's doing a fabulous job. We think of you and miss you and soooooooooo glad to hear all about everything going on with you. You'll always be such an adorable cutiepatootie in our memories. Much love, MaryJane

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  12:52:15 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Again new creations added, too cute lol. Come and check it out!!
http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  2:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Tess, and congratulations!! What wonderful news.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CutiePatootieFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Tess
Vancouver WA
USA
75 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  08:46:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone! I'm glad to be back.

:)
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  09:33:11 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Back Tess!!! :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  10:37:00 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear from you again Tess! What a wonderful & busy year you have had. Enjoy your nieces. Have fun planning your wedding & congratulations on that perfect GPA!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Boy it's been a long time... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page