Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Poll: When Do You Take Them Down?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Poll: When Do You Take Them Down? Next Topic
Page: of 2

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  08:52:53 AM  Show Profile
Depending on how my family behaves, sometimes our tree comes down BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!! (I've only had to do that once so far though! Boy have they been on their BEST behavior since!!)

Generally our tree gets taken down the day after Christmas. I do still have a few decorations up right now though-- glittery pinecone and berry garland, a white clothed santa wearing snow shoes, 2 little wire christams trees ... but only because I've just been too lazy to put them away.... sigh...... guess I should take them down today. Although, I have to admit, I used to leave the tree up until MARCH!!! Such a bad habit. That's why it comes down the day after Christmas, when the whole house gets a good cleaning!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  10:16:26 AM  Show Profile
I've always taken my outside decorations on the first warm (as warm as IL gets in Dec.) day we have. This year it was the day after Christmas. The inside decorations come down the day after that. I love seeing my decorations, but after a month I'm tired of them. I enjoy getting the house back to normal and rearranging things to give it a "new" look for the New Year.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  1:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
The Christmas tree was taken down at my house sometime between the day after Christmas and the New Year, we usually have it up longer though. The kitchen is still decorated for Christmas, there is a Christmas Table cloth on the table, the windows have Christmas curtain toppers, there are paper snowflakes on the kitchen window, there are Christmas cards taped to the woodwork on the window, and there are some paper crafts still up.
We usually have all the Christmas stuff taken down before Spring....

Belle

http://www.homesteaderbelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  1:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Guess what I just found....my mistletoe kissing ball. I was walking up onto the porch and I don't know why but I looked up and there it was!!!!I think I'll wait until hubby comes home from work and get one last mistletoe kiss from him. I drive the kids crazy with my kissing ball.It's actually kind of funny.What can i say, I love Christmas Kisses.LOL

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  4:49:52 PM  Show Profile
I used to take it all down in the first day or so after Christmas...but as I have aged I guess I like having it around longer..I put it all up sooner and take it all down later. Always no later than New Years though. I love to see other people with their decorations up later but I get itchy to put things away I guess. My house is small and I have quite alot of moving things around to do just to put the tree in the house.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  7:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
We jst started taking ours down today outside. The inside decorations went down last weekend. I really don't have a particular time frame.

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

http://bigdogmom130.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  7:46:15 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Mine came down this year 2 days after Christmas - usually I put them up the day after Thanksgiving and take them down the day after New Years - for some reason this year was a bit different.

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  08:21:47 AM  Show Profile
It all depends on what kinda Christmas we had. This year, the tree stayed up until January 3rd. Some years, I take it down after the last guest has left on Christmas day...I guess this year was a good year!
Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  08:29:39 AM  Show Profile
Most of the time we take everything down after New Year's. My husband did the decorating this year as I wasn't home very much. Everything is still up at our house, I'm going to try and get it down this weekend hopefully.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Poll: When Do You Take Them Down? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page