Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Little pin pillows I have been making
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Little pin pillows I have been making Next Topic
Page: of 2

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  10:34:42 PM  Show Profile
I have had some fun making up these little pin cushions..

this one is my favorite:

I used some tea dyed muslin scraps from pillows I made for Christmas...I think I will make some more.

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Dec 28 2005 10:37:20 PM

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  02:43:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Way cute as usual. Stop making the rest of us look bad Jenny!!!!!!!!!

PS I love my little forest pillow......
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  06:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Just adorable Jenny! You are so creative!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Snowden Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Mumsie
Valley WA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  07:56:04 AM  Show Profile
How darling! You give me such inspiration! Mumsie

Live simply... Love deeply...Hope forever!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  08:19:46 AM  Show Profile
adorable .. and i just couldn't choose one favorite! lots of time goes into the stitching of these .. and they are dear! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  08:48:38 AM  Show Profile
These are truly adorable, Jenny. I can see you at 3 a.m. stitching with one hand and milking with the other.

Love,
P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  09:13:08 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, those are so cute. You must always have a project in your hands. Good thing you don't sleep much.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  09:28:17 AM  Show Profile
Jenny -- these are adorable!! I'm definitely coming for an embroidery lesson!!

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  10:08:06 AM  Show Profile
These are great Jenny-I love the sayings and the pillows are so charming with the buttons and all. Are they fragranced? I am thinking a bit of lavender stuffed inside would be nice. Thanks for sharing!
Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  10:34:15 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe I didn't think of that..my next batch will be fragranced for sure. I have a bag of lavender buds that will be perfect for that! What a great idea! I used to put a little bit of lavender in my dolls I made just since I love lavender so much..it was like sending a little of me out in the world with them..since I grew the lavender and loved it so. Now I havn't been able to get lavender to overwinter here yet, but still grow as much as I can..just as an annual (an expensive annual)
Ooooh...rosemary would be nice too, wouldn't it?

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  1:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Im off to make some of these. I finished an embroidered farm scene last night.
It had a bunch of little squares and one big one for the middle, either a pillow or wall hanging, havent decided yet, I have to now put the quilt pieces onto it and sew it together. so anyways My stuff is all out for the little pillows. so off I go
If this sounds confusing, its just my confusing way of trying to explain things ROFL
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  9:07:54 PM  Show Profile
Absolutly adorable!! My sil does a lot of tea and coffee dying with her projects. She even adds cinnamon powder to give a yummy smell, plus it adds color. Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  11:52:05 PM  Show Profile
Well, I made 6 little pincushion pillows today, just have to stuff and sew up the opening. Im afraid I carried away with the embellishments LOL
they were fun to make
thanks Aunt Jenny
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  12:02:16 AM  Show Profile
They will be so cute to give to my friends when we get together to , spin,knit,make baskets,quilt, ,girl week ends
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  09:09:17 AM  Show Profile
Thats what I figure. Sometimes I make little needle cases or other small things for that sort of gifts and this will be a fun one too. Someone else suggested I put a ribbon at the top for hanging them so they could be used to hang on the wall or a doorknob or peg if wanted...I will do some like that. I did a coulple more last night....would love to see yours Shirley!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  12:46:47 PM  Show Profile
....would love to see yours Shirley!
I have a digital camera, but have not the leastest idea how to ever put pics on here, im lucky to be able to figure out how to use the camera. ROFL
shirley
Go to Top of Page

jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2006 :  12:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Those are so cute, jenny.
Shirley, I did get a digi cam for christmas and have attempted posting a pic on here twice! My hp thingy on the puter says it is sent but i come on here and i can't find it. Sheesh! I know when i finally figure it out, it will seem so simple! Right now i just feel like a lost child...help us out guys!
Jenny
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2006 :  4:34:25 PM  Show Profile
YOu have to post them on another place first...I don't get why..but thats the way it is. I use Photobucket..you go there and can access any downloaded pics on your computer and then once you have the album with the pics you want to post on it, you can post the pictures from there..they each have an URL then. I know there are instructions somewhere on the forum (I think in the technical help section..whatever that is called) that tells you what to do once you get them on Photobucket..or whichever one you use..If I can do it you can for sure!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2006 :  9:25:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey Aunt Jenny, when you tea dye do you have to use someting to set the tea? I was just wondering, if you make something that would have to be washed, does the washing lessen the tea stain. Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2006 :  9:34:18 PM  Show Profile
I do it a little dark at first and then to set it I use hot water. If I want it less spotty I wash it in warm water..and it does get a little less. Not too much though.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  1:36:59 PM  Show Profile
BUMMER!!
I was half way through sewing a apron couple days ago.The bobbin ran out. Went to refill it and discovered that I had wash away thread in the bobbin .Now this wasnt to bad because I could resew all those seams on the apron.
BUT the little pincushion pillows are all sewed up and stuffed, booohooo.
so cant you just see them go poof if someone gets them wet.LOL
soooooooo now I have to resew them all over to. :(
My friend Robin(shepherdess)also on here suggests I blanket stitch around them, which is what I will do.
And with our wet rain we are having around here they are probably working there way loose as we speak. ROFL
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  2:34:29 PM  Show Profile
I have never even heard of wash away thread. Sounds like something I should never have around..I would get mixed up for sure. I think the blanket stitch is a fabulous idea...I hope that works..bet it will be cute too!!
That is a bummer though!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  4:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Jenny- Oh what a treat to open up the pin pillow tonight!!! It is so very sweet and I do not know how you parted with it! I have the seeds too- they all came together- funny. At this rate I will have little bits of you ALL over the house. I am glad you got your package too, let me know how it all works out.
Love, Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  6:09:36 PM  Show Profile
well Jenny , I had never heard of it until I took a cray quilt class in I think nov. and we used it to make straight lines on the CQ pillow to embroidery nice lines and then dab a little water on the back and it dissolves, but just put it in the bobbin. My hands were sweating when we did that and it kept going limp in my hands. but finally got it in the needle.
Its interesting stuff. but you have to put it back into a seals plastic baggie when storing it.
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  9:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jenny, I guess it is time to brew some tea!

Go to Top of Page

GardenWitch
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Michelle
Gaston OR
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  3:53:19 PM  Show Profile
These are so great! Uh-oh, not another idea ...

Actually I make little lavender pillows already, but I like the idea of some stuffing and making a pin cushion ... and I can embroider, I'm slow at it because I don't do it often but my grandma taught me when I was a little girl and I never forgot how ...

I looooooove my grandma, she's the sweetest thing in the world ... I might make her one of these, she sews and I think she'd LOVE it!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Little pin pillows I have been making Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page