Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Thinking about a Sams Club membership?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thinking about a Sams Club membership? Next Topic  

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  06:53:13 AM  Show Profile
If you have been thinking about a Sam's Club membership but didn't want to pay the $40 fee next week you can get a $25 gift card when you purchase a $40 membership, which means you are only paying $15 out of pocket! Print out the coupon here:
http://tinyurl.com/72xdn3
I'm not sure if we will join or not since our nearest store is about 45 miles away and we rarely go to that town. Is there anyone here who is a member and saves a lot there? What do you buy and what are the prices?
-Elizabeth

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  6:22:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Elizabeth! I've been a member there since it opened here in Minnesota. Just like any store, you need to watch the prices.
If you have the space, it's great for buying things in bulk to stock up. I buy things like condiments (ketchup, mayo,etc.), vitamins, milk, cheese, spices. And of course it depends on the season too. If the farmers market is closed for the year I will buy fruits and veggies there too. I always end up spending alot more than a weekly trip to the grocery store, but the items I get at Sam's last a LONG time. But if you rarely go to that town, it might not be worth it. Hope this helps a little.

~Vicky~

It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
--- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  6:33:43 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Vicky, It's a lot like Costco. You need to know your prices & some prices can be beat as lost leaders for smaller grocery chians. I use Costco & Sams Walmart and now I find our local "Sherms" is a better deal than all for those everyday needs. We stock up about every two months at Costco.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  9:18:11 PM  Show Profile
Lately, I've even found that the local grocery stores are having better deals on items, especially if you buy more than one.
They are struggling also, and they can't afford to lose their customers.

~Vicky~

It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
--- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thinking about a Sams Club membership? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page