Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I dyed the little pillow stitcheries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I dyed the little pillow stitcheries Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  12:58:07 PM  Show Profile
I used rit dye, the color taupe. They came out really good. I posted pictures. Even found a cute place to put them.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  1:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Toooooo cute! The little pillows are so sweet.

Let's dance in the rain and play in the puddles under the rainbows.

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  2:12:40 PM  Show Profile
Great idea! They are adorable.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  3:11:45 PM  Show Profile
The pillows really turned out well...how cute. Maybe the rit dye will be the way to go for my cross stitch picture.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  4:48:59 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, those little pillows are so sweet. And the hanging wall thingy is nice too, and it looks like you made out ok at the library too. Good work, you know how much we love to run our eyes over the loot you get, create and enhance. I myself had just sworn off thrift shops but today my daughter insisted we needed to hit a couple thrift shop, she was hunting for something specific for a friend. Well, the first on I was very well behaved, the second one, not too bad, but the third one, they had so many books, it was such fun to run my eyes over the massive assortment and get a bag of books to read. I had dropped off a few overdue books at the library earlier so I thought it was a good idea to get a bagload of bargains and then I can pass them on later.

I have read all Rosamund Pilcher's book, as I recall, the one you got was as nice as all of them. Do you ever read Maeve Binchy? She tells a good story too. I am always so pleased to discover a nice fat book by one of my favorite authors. i always feel like writing them letters to ask them to please write faster.

Feeling pretty chilly here tonight, so far we aren't expecting any snow. Of course I could check the weather listings, but I think I'll just wing it tonight. I really don't want to know.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  4:55:35 PM  Show Profile
ooh they turned out great! I love how the little yellow and black one took on a lot of the taupe color. Made it look very naturally antique. :)
hugs jess

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  4:56:03 PM  Show Profile
The pillows look so much prettier in the new color! How long did it take to dry them? Did you put them in the dryer?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  05:29:27 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie,
I had some TAUPE rit dye from when I dyed some curtains a while back. SO I filled a dishpan, you could use a pail, with very hot water, dumped the dye in and mixed it up. Then rinsed the little pillows until they were really wet, then droped them in the dye bath, stired them around for a couple of minutes, took them out, rinsed them in cold water, put them in a zipper bag and threw them in the dryer. TA-DA. I also dyed my tablecloth yesterday, but I did that in the washing machine. came out really nice, I will post a picture later. For those that don't know, whatever you dye has to be wet before you put it in a dye bath. Even tea staining.

Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  06:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I love that little bear quilting. I am expecting a grandchild in the spring, so I am making a baby quilt. It would be fun to do a pic like that too. Do you know where I could get one to do like that?

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  07:45:32 AM  Show Profile
very nice!

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  08:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Karen, I mailed you some transfers this morning.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  12:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Nancy-Jo, the tablecloth came out great! I used to dye things years ago, I am now enteertaining ideas of dying things again. Years ago I got my daughter some bright deep puple pajamas. First wash, everything turned purple. My husband wasn;t too of his new purple undies. The color was so beautiful i dyed a lot of fabric by means of just adding the afore mentioned pjs. Someone in my quilting group was looiking for some purple fabric for a small project so i tie dyed a piece for her . She was thrilled. It was much easier than cooking the dye, etc. Finally i moved on to other color and other things, but I loved the magic pjs.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I dyed the little pillow stitcheries Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page