Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Cleaning up in 2009- challenge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cleaning up in 2009- challenge Next Topic
Page: of 3

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  07:13:16 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I need to take everything out of the living room/office and then put what I want back and get rid of or find a new home for the other stuff......ah I need TIME

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  08:02:25 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Hey, just found this site and it is perfect timing! Jan.is sale month for organizing totes etc. I just bought a big tote to put the rest of my Christmas stuff away. Now I have been watching this and you guys are way too fast for me. I will tune myself in for two of these projects a week. Also I make totes (check out my blog or etsy) and I still have some store bought $1 totes, so I stuff one or two of these in my homemade tote and I am good to go all the time. There are six pockets on the outside of my purse(tote) for my coupons, keys, sunglasses, wallet, etc. Everything in easy reach. Since I started keeping the cheap totes in my purse tote I never forget it. Also my purse tote holds groceries too. Off to clean the bookcase out, again. Hard for me to let go of books.......

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  10:09:49 AM  Show Profile
I started organizing things in the womb with my twin brother..I swear. I read these posts and felt an overwhelming sense of security/peace knowing all my spaces in all my home are already organized....
keep up the good work girls...you'll get there!
Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  07:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay fellow challengers! Here is today's challenge!

Empty out one cupboard in the kitchen- wash the shelves and put things back in an organized fashion! Make sure to wash the door- especially around the handle where hidden gunk can hide!

Extra Credit- Do a second cupboard!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  08:46:53 AM  Show Profile
I am "almost" up there with Debbie, everything pretty well organized. However, Alee, your post came about an hour too late. I just finished doing one of my cupboards this a.m. while doing dishes. I had 2 half bottles of balsamic vinegar. Neither one was the real high dollar stuff so I combined them and got rid of a bottle. Also had 2 bottles of vanilla. One, I didn't like, didn't smell like vanilla but it was cheap. NOT. So I bought another brand. I dumped the bad one, therefore getting rid of another bottle. Aslo got out a box of sugarfree jello and fixed it for afternoon snack for Ole Ron.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  09:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I can organize ANYTHING like nobodys business but i have too much right now so purging is the thing I must do! I've always been a natural organizer at 1 year old when we moved mum said I helped unpack and put all the kitchen things in a pile from boxes and all the living room, bedroom, etc......hahaha I need to get back to my roots! Less stuff is way easier to maintain organization!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  1:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I am back from working on the dining room. Yesterday, I was to work on the bookcase. I did work on it but was only able to free one book (to pass on). I had organized this recently, with a stack of books to go to my daughter when she got possesion of her new home. That happens in the next week so they will go soon. Yeah. So I decided to paint the dining room and boy, it sure looks nice. I love the cinnamon color, I chose. It was a brighter, darker shade of the previous color. This morn I shreaded 2002 files. So that box is empty ready to fill with 2008. Never ending! :)

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  07:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay Ladies!

I gave us a few days off, and since today is Sunday it'll be an easy challenge. If you don't do work on Sunday- View this as Monday's Extra Credit

Today get the counter tops in your kitchen organized. Are there appliances that should be stowed away? Or ones you would like out?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  12:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Ok, DONE!!! Now I walk through the kitchen and it looks like something's missing. I don't have to hold my arms in, either. It looks so good. Now I don't want to go in and mess it all up again. It's too pretty.

So what's next? I'm ready. This is great. I cannot believe how much I've gotten done this past week. Ya'll are great to have around!

Just workin' up a storm in Georgia, Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  12:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wooo Hoo! You rock Kristin!

Okay so if you want extra credit for today....Wash the insides of your windows in at least one room!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  7:46:05 PM  Show Profile
Do I get extra credit for doing both sides? I had already done the kitchen door when I was cleaning up. I also did the glass door of the little cabinet by the stove, too. I am on a roll now!

Oh my, it does feel good to have a nice clean kitchen!

I forgot to say my hubby is just amazed at all I've done this week. I said it's the farmgirl sister cleaning challenge. He's very impressed!

Kris

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Jan 11 2009 7:48:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  8:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes! Awesome job! I can't wait till it is warm enough outside so I can wash my outside windows!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  07:25:47 AM  Show Profile
ok....i'm a little behimd here, but can I have a little extra time since I just moved?...LOL....anyhow, for any of you who do the good deed of homemade reusable grocerybags....heres a good one!!!! It folds up into a smallt wallet sizes pouch that is sewn on the outside of the bag....That way, if you are like me, and always need atleast 4-10 when you go to the grocery, they all fit in your purse!!!! You can get the pattern at flickr "Wallet sized fold up re-usable shopping bag"....So....why didn't I think of this earlier?....LOL...Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  07:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Here is today's challenge:

Today is the day to tackle the eating areas of your house! Wash the tables and chairs down, vacuum up any lurking crumbs in cushions and rugs. Sweep dust and generally spiff up. And if you junk table is also near your dining area- clean and organize that too!

Extra credit- Go back through the previous challenges that you have completed. Make sure your work is staying tidy and clean.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  3:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ally, I had to bring this back up front. It is such a big help to me, so I have to check in every day. I did the eating areas challenge. That's something I need to do everyday.

My whole house, well, except the room I'm in now, is so clean and looking good. It smells good, too. I have 3 of the candle warmers going. One in the kitchen, dining room and bedroom. I love them. I just swiffered the wood floors and am taking a break.

Looking forward to the next challenge! Kris

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  4:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kristin!

Sorry I forgot to post one this morning! Things got hectic!
How about a quick challenge for tonight-

If you have a desk, make sure it is cleaned off with things put in their proper place. Make and "In/Out" box if you still have work for tomorrow.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  7:55:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Alee! You're doing a great job here! It really does help me stay focused.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  8:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The Challenge for January 14th:

Scrub hard floors and wax if needed. If you have carpets and a carpet shampooer, shampoo carpets in at least one room (your Choice!)

Extra Credit:
If you have a loose sock stash, pair your socks. If not dust the surfaces in your bedroom.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  10:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well I got the carpets shampooed in the room that is now my office!!! yay! It is still about half storage so no pictures yet! Hopefully soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  3:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Kris told me about this challenge, I'm In starting Thursday! Thanks sounds like I may need to catch up!!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  05:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today's Challenge-

Clean the bathroom! When cleaning use a brush or an old toothbrush to clean any grout or silicone seals. Soak and wring out a rag with bleach water or straight vinegar and put it on a broom. Use this to "sweep" the ceiling and corners to get any mold and mildew growth. Make sure you clean under the rim of the toilet as well!

Extra Credit-
Organize your pantry if you have one. If not pick any drawer or cabinet in the house that hasn't been organized yet and organize it! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  06:23:25 AM  Show Profile
Great Challenge-
I will be working on this when I get home at 5:00pm tonight. Great suggestion about the ceiling-I'll try that tonight. Stay warm!!
Lori

Have a Country Day
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  06:54:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Lori! My bathroom isn't dirty as in built up- but it needs some mildew control on the ceiling and such, so I figured that would be a good goal today.

Hey Challengers!!

Can you make a quick list of the places in your house that most need help? And no fair saying "Everywhere!!" Maybe we can start targeting the problem areas!

Here are mine-
Dining Room clutter
Living Room clutter
Bedroom everything
Carpets Shampoo

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  09:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Here is today's challenge!

Wash all your interior windows and check the sills for mold growth! With our houses being more shut up in the winter, internal moisture levels can cause mold to flourish! Knock out that mold with vinegar or a mild bleach and soap solution.

Extra Credit-

Take all your floor rugs outside and shake them! Or if you prefer, wash them if they are washable. A good welcome mat can trap 75% of outside dirt from coming inside the house! Beat your welcome mat and sweep under it.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  2:45:26 PM  Show Profile
Did the bathrooms, need to work on windows! Just not today, its 9 degrees out and my windows are soooo cold!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cleaning up in 2009- challenge Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page