Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Cleaning up in 2009- challenge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cleaning up in 2009- challenge Next Topic
Page: of 3

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  4:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, back to the challenge, after taking some time off.

1. Organize those stashes of tupperware and storage items, including plastic bags and wrap and foils.

2. Extra credit- put your canvas shopping bags on the FRONT seat of your car, so you don't forget them.

Have fun!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  06:42:33 AM  Show Profile
#2 - I really do need to do that. Mine are not in a good place right now and yes I do forget them!

Great idea - thank you!

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  07:53:07 AM  Show Profile
How many times have I done this and Still get out of the car *lock it * and return for them.. My memory is dafing.. Or I have too much on my mind.... Dh started doing this months ago. He remembers more than me.. I am going to start putting my wallet in the bag.. I wont forget it that way...

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  08:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Next Challenge

1. Time to get that Master bedroom in order. YES- that one!!! : )

Clean out under the bed, fluffy up the bed coverings and wipe down all surfaces, clear out the clutter as you go (use a laundry basket for this). Make this the "spot" of rest, comfort and rejuvenation that you and your significant other deserve.

2. Extra Credit- Frame up a new picture of you and your family for the bedroom.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  08:31:39 AM  Show Profile
I don't own tupperware or any plastic.......LOL

And I only use cloth bags....LOL wow.....that challenge was super easy.

The master bedroom on the other hand, will take me a week........
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  01:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
good challenges...I am seeing reusuable shopping bags everywhere for sale for a dollar or two...I don't buy more because they are always home or I forget I have one folded up in my purse. Someday I'm just going to embelish a strong one and use it as a purse! Perhaps have a pocket to put a couple of folded bags inside the main one.

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Have a wonderful Farmgirl New Year!!
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  08:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I want to get my bedroom to be so peaceful like a hotel one with a touch of me. You know how you sleep so well because of NO clutter and mess! I WANT THAT!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  08:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Today's challenge:
1. Continue to work on the Master. I know that is a big job for most of us.
2. Get all your "important" paperwork together and make triple copies, placing the copies in envelopes and labeling them. IF you have family you trust, let them have a copy. Keep the originals in a fire box.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  09:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I went to the 43 things website where you make a virtual list of things you want to accomplish and one of them was the byob bring your own bag, I have a reminder sent everyday to my email which goes to my phone too cool huh:)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  09:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Todays Challenge:

1. Gather up the kiddos art work and toys and sort out or if you don't have kiddos, clean up your "creative" area. Get things organized by type and get them stored or donated.

2. Extra credit- Finish 2 projects this week- you know, those one's that have been sitting in the "pile". Make a goal to have them finished by Sunday.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  09:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- These are great challenges! Keep them coming! I am a bit behind because I was sick but hopefully today will catch up!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  09:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Alee- you may have to take over...something WONDERFUL just happened and I may be off the boards for awhile...posting in the forum about it. Will you take over the challenges for me???

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  10:18:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sure! *hugs* I hope this something wonderful brings lots of wonderful blessings to your family!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  1:00:29 PM  Show Profile
wow!! Great idea here gals.....I will need a few days to catch up but am soooooooo looking forward to acheiving these goals!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Hanalu
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Hana
Redwood City California
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  5:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Its funny that I have a box in my lap of things that I am going to sneak into my parents attic... I am currently organizing my room and getting rid of extra clutter. Somehow I got sidetracked and here I am reading this post! Ha ha! Guess what I should not be browsing right now! BACK TO WORK!

I have been using the same paper grocery bags for a year now (some are Christmas bags from Trader Joe's last year)...I never need to but the canvas ones because my room mate always brings more double paper bags home and I reuse them. Its true about forgetting to bring the bags in the store. You would not believe how many times I had to return to the car to get the bags!!! I think I finally got it down and i don't have to leave them in the front seat! =)

I need more time for the bedroom!

Hana
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  07:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today's Challenge-

1. Tackle the living room space of your house!
Things that don't belong there need to go back to their real homes! Tidy and dust as you go along!

Extra Credit-

Tackle your book/magazine stash. Weed out that which you don't need or straighten it so it can fit in it's space.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com

Edited by - Alee on Jan 06 2009 07:57:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  08:10:06 AM  Show Profile
Yikes, you guys are too fast for me! Any one of these challenges would take me at least a weekend. In fact, my husband started weeding out his old books and papers (from his parents' house) this weekend and there are still piles all over the living room floor. Putting them away will have to wait until he's done...
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  09:10:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh my. I am way too far behind here. I have my 5 year old grand daughter, Kansas, here today. We just tackled the cabinets that hold all the containers!! It's a great game for the little ones. I had her sort all the shaped together. then try to find the lids that fit each one. We threw away all lids or bowls without matches. What fun. She loved it. I had her up on the counter reaching way in the back for stuff and wiping out all the nasties. So that jobs DONE!!

And I do use the cloth bags, too. But I do usually forget them even though they are on the front seat. So now I will put them in my purse when I know I will be going shopping. At Greenlife they take off .05 for each bag we bring!

I have been wanting to tackle the bedroom for a long time now. I have a chair in there that I haven't seen in awhile. I know it's still in there b/c there's a mountain in the corner! And the bookshelf is a disaster area, too. So that would be 2 jobs there.

Then the living room actually has the least stuff in there. So should be able to get that done today.

This will help out alot! Thanks for doing this, but could we do every other day??? This seems like so much to me. My house is a wreck.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  09:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kris- Don't worry! I am in the same boat you are! How about an easy one every day and then a more involved one every other day?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  09:22:29 AM  Show Profile
That would be great! I'm all for that, Alee. I need to shut this thing down now and get to work. Bed room and living room all in a day! But I will need to take a few breaks now and then.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  1:16:50 PM  Show Profile
Ok, the bookshelf in the bed room is done! It's all clean and looks good. But now the bed is full of stuff, I have tons of trash that needs to be taken to the dump. But it's been raining all night and all day now and there is water coming up over my driveway by the road. This is TOO darn depressing. But the bookshelf looks great! I love it when there is a clean spot in the house. I just want to stay there.

I can see the chair now and the little table next to it, too! That's a good thing. Little by little, one step at a time, it will get done.

I need to rest now for awhile. Then back to work.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  2:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Awesome! I am still working on mine. My living room is still a mess and the whole house is a mess, but I am making progress!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  6:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well- The living room is mostly done! I still need to do the cleaning part- you know- getting rid of the dirt! LOL! But I have the laundry folded and put away and the toys and shoes cleared out. Not to mention the random bits that needed thrown away and such. I even got the carpet vacuumed and a little corner made for Nora. Tomorrow I will have to do the dusting and some organizing of the DVD shelf.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  04:19:38 AM  Show Profile
this is great!! I have been organizing my tupperware. I used to sell tupperware years ago and have Wayyyyyyyyyy tooo much. I read somewhere once a good way to de-clutter is not to say "well, I can't get rid of this, I spent too much money on it" think about how much someone wlse will love getting it! so off to Sal;vation Army it goes!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  05:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today's Cleaning Challenge:

When was the last time you vacuumed under the furniture? Let's move the furniture in the living room to vacuum under- only if you can though! Don't hurt yourself!

Extra Credit- Keep working on past cleaning challenges to maintain or catch up (I need to catch up!)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  06:37:52 AM  Show Profile
I just found this thread! I vacuumed under the furniture this weekend, scary!! I do it often, but with 2 cats and 1 dog and 2 kids yikes! The book/magazine stash is my next challenge I have way too many. I need to reduce them..
Laura

http://cottagekids-laura.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cleaning up in 2009- challenge Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page