Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  09:56:51 AM  Show Profile
My husband insists on making business phone calls in the house. We are in a 12X30' travel trailer for the moment, so space is tight on a normal day. He wants the children to be quiet when he makes these calls.That in itself is an insane request if you ask me--they are 1 1/2 and 2. What 1.5 and 2 year old are going to be quiet just because someone is using the phone?!?! I think its ridiculous! He is not 100ft from my parents house, in which is my Dad's business office that he is welcome to go over to anytime- 2/7.
Then, if he does go over there, he leaves his paperwork on the dining table and leaves his laptop open. Does anyone know what toddlers do with an open laptop? Its like moths to a flame..they beeline and rip keys off and paperwork with pens is just asking to get written on. Now, its not that I am unattentive, but I think that its hardly right that among trying to keep the children controlled in such a tight space, that I am expected to watch over his business stuff to!
The poor kids are constantly getting yelled at. They can barely move but what they don't touch something of his and he has fits.
Am I being stubborn to think that if he doesn't want them into his papers/laptop/and phone calls that he is should be the one to take care of them?
I can only babysit two kids not a whole layout!

having a insubordinate feeling day,....lol
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  10:01:00 AM  Show Profile
I don't think you're being stubborn...I think you're being very realistic. Children will be children after all!.....

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  11:28:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I agree- I would be hardpressed to keep Nora out of Doug's things and Nora has already permanently destroyed 2 keys on this Laptop so I know exactly what you mean. If I were you I would call a meeting and just say that the situation can't continue. *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  1:24:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jessie. I agree, to a point. I think though, that it's as simple as placing the laptop and papers somewhere out of reach or in a case, or even tupperware basket with a "lock top"...that way, he CAN leave his stuff there, but in a safer, childproofed place.

The phone issue, though, I think you are right in that he can't expect babies to be quiet while he is on the phone. Heck, sometimes you can't get "grown folks" to act that way, either

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
herbals: www.wildatheartherbals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  1:39:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jessie. Sorry you're having a hard time with your hubby. They just don't understand kids in small places in winter.

When we first got married my husband worked swing shift. When we had the kids, I dreaded 3rd shift. We had a little 2 bedroom square house with no doors on any room. So I always had to keep the kids occupied or leave while he slept. It was awful. Thank goodness he didn't sleep all day. But he sure could be a grouch if he got woke up. So I know what you mean. You just have to compromise a lot.

Good luck with your situation. Sometimes it's best to just get it out in the open before it becomes a big mess.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  1:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Go to topic "Men". It says it all.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  3:15:06 PM  Show Profile
heasing there now teresa :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  12:25:07 PM  Show Profile
Maybe have a gentle talk with hubby. They sometimes forget that it's nearly impossible for children to be quiet, it's simply not their nature. We live in a small space too and sometimes are on top of each other so I hear where you're coming from. However, it is his responsibility to keep his work things out of reach of little fingers. If your dad has told him that he's welcome to use the office space in your parents house, maybe he should consider trying that out for a while. He'll have the peace he desires, he'll be less stressed and the kids can just be kids.

You're not being insubordinate, you're being realistic.

Good luck.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  4:39:29 PM  Show Profile
How about a 8 X 18 ft travel trailer, 3 kids, winter in Northern NY state? He needs to grow up. After all, you did. If he can go to your parents home to do his business, I don't know what HIS problem is. If I had just one more glass of wine, I could tell you what to tell him.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  4:48:28 PM  Show Profile
LOL...some days Belle, it doesn't take any wine for me. :) my goodness, I am feeling for you! NY state is almost as bad as Washington for their dumb snow. Im originally from Saratoga Springs and I really hate snow. Here in Jersey it isn't as bad, but it still comes down. :P
Hugs & pass the wine! lol

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  4:56:16 PM  Show Profile
I am with Belle on this.. He CAn & Should do business at the folks. Pack up his butt & office stuff and have the folks give him a work space....* I have not had any wine....But Come on.. Be real.. Those babies are part of the life..he chose. And they do not understand Shhhhhh!because daddyio is on the phone.. Hold your ground farmgirl!

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  6:49:52 PM  Show Profile
He is the adult and SHOULD be able to see he is asking to much of small children and as for leaving his stuff on the dinning table here again he is the ADULT and needs to clean up after himself!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic I am just being stubborn? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page