emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  09:33:17 AM  Show Profile
I am in the market for a wheat grinder. I am looking at the one which attaches to a Bosch mixer and also has the hand grinder attachment for the no-power-needs.

Thought, suggestions? What kind do you use? Positives? Negatives?

I would appreciate input!!!

Angie

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  09:38:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angie,
I want to say my Mom(levisgrammy) has a WhisperMill, but I'm not really sure. I will email her and see if she can't send her opinion along. :O)I know the Bosch is always a really good product. I love the mixer for sure, but I don't know if I have used to the grinder for Bosch before.
Sorry Im not more help.:P
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  09:51:42 AM  Show Profile
When I can afford one, I plan on getting the Family Grain Mill. You can purchase the Bosch or Kitchenaid attachment, as well.

https://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/family_grain_mills.aspx
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  10:49:39 AM  Show Profile
I have the Country Living Grain Mill and I wouldn't trade it for anything! It is a manual grain mill, but you can pruchase a motor for it (which I do have)or hook it up to a bicycle for exercise.
The customer service with this mill has been excellente! I mill all of my own flour now and in fact I just finished up with some corn for our cornbread. This mill is very heavy duty and does requre a bit more space than the countertop ones. I do Highly reccomend this mill and say you should at least give it a look.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  6:35:04 PM  Show Profile
I have a whisper mill and adore it!! It was given to me used even and still is just wonderful. I also have a Corona type hand grinder..which hasn't been used much since I got the whispermill.
I thought about getting the Kitchen aid attachment but heard they are hard on the mixer. I am not sure if that is true since I didn't actually get one before the other one was given to me. Good luck. I love grinding my wheat myself.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  7:06:46 PM  Show Profile
I have a Whisper Mill, too. Love it. I also have the manual one I had gotten first, but don't use anymore.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  05:23:40 AM  Show Profile
I have a Country Living Grain Mill as well and I love it to bits! I had an old Corona that I bought in a yard sale years ago, which I passed on to a friend when my new one came. (Share the joy, I say!) I keep the CL on a table in the kitchen and it actually is quite the conversation starter when friends come over. I can usually get them to grind a bout a cup or so of flour each while they "try it out"! ha ha ha That's one way to get it done. ;)
Whichever one you choose, you will love having your own flour to bake with. There is nothing better.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9384 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9384 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  06:12:19 AM  Show Profile
Angie,
I have the Bosch mixer but I use my Whisper mill for grinding. I have had this one for 12 years and have never had a problem with it. It is on the market now under another name though. I did not know Bosch had a grinder attachment.
I've heard only good things about the Nutri mill also. Hope you find one that works well for you!
happy new year to you!

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  10:11:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the input. I am going to keep looking and comparing! i know this is a purchase I am giong to have to live with for a lONG time, so I want to choose wisely!

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page

cw246
True Blue Farmgirl

153 Posts

Cheryl
Largo Florida
USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  3:26:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Angie,

I had a Nutrimill (electric) and loved it. Worked great and awesome customer service. I have sold it to buy a Country Living Grain Mill (manual) I totally adore this also. I love being able to grind wheat without electricity. It is such an awesome feeling to manually grind wheat and bake for my family.

I also hope that you find a grinder that you love as much as I have loved both of the grinders that I picked.
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  1:26:21 PM  Show Profile
I have a WonderMill, which is the replacement for the WhisperMill. I love it! I have 4C of flour milled in like 20 seconds. Have you checked with www.breadbeckers.com (a local grain company that ships nationwide and has great customer service) or www.urbanhomesteader.com because they have Bosch stuff. Good luck!

Blessings!
~Farrah

http://oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Wheat Grinders Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page