Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 She's been through enough
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic She's been through enough Next Topic  

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  3:58:40 PM  Show Profile
A very good friend of mine is 60 years old and has returned to finish her college degree after a abusive marriage. She had severe polio at age 3 and was in body casts and hospitals most of her adolescent years. As a result she is bent up and twisted like a pretzel. She weighs 81 pounds and her feet are the size of a six year old child. Since her divorce she has lived with her 25 year old daughter in a terrible mouse infested mobile home. Her daughter (also a college student can't work because she has to help her mom do about everything). Despite all of this she has a amazing upbeat attitiute and has a perfect 4.0 grade point average. She is due to graduate with me in May with a B.S. in Psychology. Her monthly income from Social Security and Medicaid is less than I get in child support. That's really sad. I help her out as much as I can. Now on Christmas night she had stomach pains so severe she could not move and was screaming in pain. Her daughter called the ambulance and they admitted her. It's her gallbladder and she will have surgery tomorrow. Because of her twisted anatomy they can't perform the sugery laproscopically & has to operate the old way. She is most upset about not being able to go back to school on 01/13 Please pray for recovery and pray she can return to school on time. It means so much to her.

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  4:17:31 PM  Show Profile
My heart goes out to your friend. Sometimes we wonder why it's happening to me, what did I do to deserve all this but God made us. He loves us and will carry us through it all. Oh, I'm not being Pollyianna because I too am walking in that WHY?? path but I have to have faith that God knows what is best for me and He is with me every step of the way. Your friend is in my prayers.
May God Bless Her.
Linda (a rose)

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  4:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  4:26:43 PM  Show Profile
I've just googled the recovery process for open Gallbnladder surgery. It looks like my friend will not be ready to return to school for at least a month. She is so frail to begin with in addition to the bowel problems caused by the absence of the gallbladder. She has worked so hard and is due to be the Valdictorian (assuming her grades didn't slip). She has wanted this so much and I feel horrible this has happened to her
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  09:33:24 AM  Show Profile
Connie, I am so sorry your friend is going through all this. She will be in my prayers, also.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  09:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I hope you friend heals quickly!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  1:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Just got back from the hospital. My friend made it through surgery. I don't know what the future will bring, but thanks for the prayers and good wishes.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  2:04:39 PM  Show Profile
Your friend seems to have a lot of couarge and determination . She will recover from this and be whatever she wants to be. She has gone too far and worked to hard to stop now. My prayers will be with her. You are such a good friend to her. What a gift that is.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  9:06:57 PM  Show Profile
I dont know if I could be that brave and courageous, I really must be a whimp...but, send her my love and Prayers....

Farmgirl Sister #368

http:/froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic She's been through enough Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page