momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  4:45:55 PM  Show Profile
After the Turkey was deep fried on Christmas day my brother in law decided to fry up some deep fried pickles in the hot grease. I had tasted fried pickles when I lived in Mississippi but not like this. He took sandwich stuffer pickles (you know the flat wide cut ones), ran them through a mixture of beaten eggs, salt, pepper and hot sauce, then dredged them in flour and dropped them in the hot oil. They were sooo good. I can't wait to fry them up at home. He also makes deep fried snickers bars and deep fried twinkies (did I mention he has a heart condition?), what kind of things do my fellow farmgirls deep fry?

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  7:08:07 PM  Show Profile
I have had deep fried pickles and pickle soup they are both really yummy, but deep fried twinkies?? oh my way to funny!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  06:29:57 AM  Show Profile
Deep fried pickles were a popular item at fast food places about 40 years ago. I think they are making a comeback. When I fix fried green tomatoes, I make plenty of batter then fry up everything I can find. I do pickles, string cheese, mushrooms, any fresh veggie. I have never tried twinkies but I had some deep fried ice cream one time.
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  06:41:37 AM  Show Profile
My brother in law said to make sure the snickers and the twinkies are really frozen before you fry them.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Deep Fried Pickles Yum Yum! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page