City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  04:24:39 AM  Show Profile
We stayed in a cabin - heated. Many had never been camping before. We had about 6" of snow on the ground and a full moon! I had the girls suit up in their coats & snow pants and took them on a 11:00pm hike. We didn't even need our flashlights! Since we were the only people at the camp since it had snowed it made for great animal tracking. I could have spent hours out there.

The next morning we went sledding on a huge hill! Again, I had a few girls in my group who had never been sledding before. It surprised me - living in a snowy area all our lives - you sled in the winter.

Made me appreciate the simple life we lead. Slow down and enjoy my childrens childhood. Sled, snowshoe - sip hot chocolate, talk about our days. Everyone seems in such a hurry and sticks their children in every activity under the sun around here.

Anyhow, the girls had a great time. I was so glad I was able to share nature with them. I'm looking forward to our next outing! In the spring.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
And you survived!?! : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  07:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh that sounds like sooooo much fun. What an experience for your group. They will never forget it and someday they may take their own children out camping. You planted seeds of sharing the great outdoors. Hope you got lots of pictures, I'll check out your blog to see : )

Linda
Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  07:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Deb,
How awesome, sounds like so much fun! I love the idea that you birthed something in some of those girls that may not have ever been planted had they not had that experience, (who says one person can't change the world). There is something about camping or getting away from the norm to place things into perpective isnt there... I know that those gals will look back on that experience and have amazing memories,way to go!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  07:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
what an awesome experience for all of you but espeically the girls who have never had the opportunity to experince the great outdoors! peace connie in alaska (where they are known to camp in tents ar 50 below!*grin*)
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  2:19:50 PM  Show Profile
That's the beauty of the big outdoors. The might not realize it yet but that will be one of those great memories that they will want to share with their kids. What a wonderful thing you did.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Took 11 girls camping last weekend Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page