Page: of 3

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  8:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Guess what? I made it to Starbucks today too!!! And the grocery and Ben Franklin!! YAHOOOOO!!! I took my 85 year old neighbor out, she gets lonely and tomorrow is her birthday so I took her with and got her coffee. Autumn went with us. It felt GREAT to get out, I was alittle nervous at first, but ya know I didnt cry or get stuck anywhere,lol!! Tomorrow, I may venture out again, Sunday night and Monday supposed to be a doozey!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  10:31:38 PM  Show Profile
YeaH!!! Horsey snuggles, starbucks & 20min of sunshine today!
Michelle, Amy, Amanda, first sign of snow melting & no more storms, I am snagging Amanda & we are heading to Rosalia for a playdate....& some Huckleberry Wine & Chocolate...with good friends.
DH was on the roof today shoveling off the snow....knock on wood, he didn't "take the Express way off the roof". lol!
I am not looking forward to this next snow storm...uugghh!!!
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  09:32:47 AM  Show Profile
I just hit "housebound fever". I looked at the calendar and realized that the last time I had the house to myself was Dec. 8th. I can't clean, everytime I start a project my husband is in my back pocket. I can't drive so all the boxes of stuff that I have organized to take to the thrift store are stacked around the house along with the bags of newspapers to take to the recycling. So I don't want to start any more cleaning/organizing projects.....
Ack - and more snow coming? Where will it end?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  6:06:41 PM  Show Profile
Finally got someone to plow me out. A friend of a friend has a Kabota tractor with a bucket. By the time he was done I had piles more than 12 ft. tall. At least I'm not stuck any more. The barn roof, the chicken house/shed roof and the shop roof still haven't had the snow slide off. Woke up to 5 new inches of snow this morning. Now they say we will be moving towards the 40's and rain....not good with all this snow. Flooding anyone? I'm not too worried about me but Spokane will have a lot of problems with it for sure. The good news is that my fifth grandchild was born safely yesterday - a darling little girl born on her sisters birthday. Hope all is well with everyone else
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  6:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sheri,
glad to hear you got plowed out....hopefully w/the next few days of mid 30 degrees, it will aleiviate some of the problems we have been having....but in Airway Heights & the West plains, we are expecting 25mph Winds...uugghh!.
DH spent 2 days trying to shovel off the roof,,,,not fun.
Well, take care, glad to hear you are OK....
farmgirl hugz,

un

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  12:19:01 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear you guys are getting more snow in the Spokane area! Hope it quits soon. We're just having torrential rains here with flooding.

Handmade Soap and More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  4:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Well I am glad to hear you are all safe and sound.
My husband just called and is on his way home, anyone wanna guess why? Yup his roof is caving in, the lady in the office next to him came in and asked if he had been out in the shop, the roof is sagging and there is a crack in the wall from ceiling to floor. Nice huh? Thank God she came and told him. They called the building owner and he said he would send someone out tomorrow! If there is a building standing that is.
I have had quite a few phone calls with the District office of the school and got 4 different stories each time between the district office and elem. school this is what i got ,1@8am. first The snow as far as I know has been cleared during the break. 2@9am. No we dont plan on clearing the roof, its pitched.3.@910am (different school) We have steal beams we are sure the roof is fine, we dont plan on shoveling, just monitoring the roof.4afternoon (district office again) We hired someone to clear the roofs off, they should be clear by this afternoon. 5at 3pm ( Elem. ) Call to make sure they are clear for tomorrow, Mam we arent clearing them as of now, they are fine and our being monitored by our staff. Um When the HE$$ did a janitor or teacher become qualified to tell me my kids schools roof is safe? I want a ENGINEER to make that call.
So I have an email into the Super of our district, getting the run around when it comes to my kids really gets my goat.I let them go to school under the assumption the roofs were being cleared, they got stuck in a burm this morning.
I get it, weather is weather and there is NOTHING we can do to tame it, but by God my kids need to be SAFE when they enter an EDUCATION building, right?
Sorry rant over.........

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Weather Report: Previous Topic SNOWSNOWSNOW!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page