asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  11:12:14 AM  Show Profile
More snow last night, we are about at a 1 1/2 feet of snow and about 4 foot drifts. We tried to get the Subaru out today, but it got high centered on the snow in the drive. We broke down the snow and it drove fine, but we are on a side street and unless we want to dig out the whole street the car will have to stay parked in the carport for now. Thank God we live within walking distance of a store and will hike later today to get some items we are out of.

Anne in Portland OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  12:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Anne my Aunt and Uncle drove up I-5 yesterday and it took FOREVER for them to get past Portland, she called and said it was SLLLOOOOWWW going and lots of snow.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  2:53:03 PM  Show Profile
Yes it is bad here. I-84 is closed west of Troutdale to Hood River - apparently high winds, blizzard conditions and snow drifts. I-5 and I-205 have lots of snow on them and chains are required on all Trucks and now maybe vehicles that are not 4WD and AllWD. It is still snowing, lightly but still going. I don't remember when we had this much snow in one week.

The first picture is our house yesterday, today the front steps are gone under a drift.

[]

The is a picture of one of my blueberry bushes and my cement duck. He is about 2 1/2 feet tall. This again was yesterday where we had about 10" of snow, today you only see the very tip top of his head.

[]

Anne in Portland, OR

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2008 :  2:03:43 PM  Show Profile
(Waving)
Hello from San Diego! We just made it out of your terrible storm Friday morning before the airport closed. Quite a storm! Home has 3 ft. of snow and we've heard -13 temps at night. Would love to bring some sunshine home with me for all of you in the snow. But it sounds like you're cozy and safe. Whew!

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2008 :  3:21:05 PM  Show Profile
My son lives in Tri-Cities. He said it is really coming down. He didn't get his Christmas package and I mailed it out last Wednesday. I guess this has something to do with slow mail We don't have any snow and I miss it. I am from Montana and moved to Kentucky from Idaho. I miss the snow.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2008 :  5:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Laura, mail sucks right now. My mom sent a package LAST saturday, as in 2weeks ago this coming sat. and we still havent got it. Hopefully soon he'll get it though..

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2008 :  5:48:25 PM  Show Profile
The mail is "stuck in the airport" so to speak. It can only travel as fast as the weather allows. I mailed a first class card to my kids in Lancaster, CA from Tri-Cities, WA and it still has not arrived. I should have stuck it in the priority envelope I sent. When the planes can't fly, Greyhound gets shut down, Amtrak doesn't run, the mail just can't go through. Sorry folks.

Merry Christmas,
Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  10:01:28 PM  Show Profile
It's dumping again.....here tonight, just as we got everything plowed and shoveled, oh well, made it through Christmas without having to do much of the "snow duties", so let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  09:08:01 AM  Show Profile
We are finally in the big "Melt". It has been raining since Christmas and now in the low 40's, but what a mess. Portland only has enough plows to do the main streets, so all side streets are left with the mess. On top of that, if you live on a street that is plowed, you still have to clear your drive of the big pile of snow in front of it left by the plows or the pile left at the end of your street. We are just starting to see pavement on our street amongst the slush.

Anne in Portland, OR

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  09:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
We woke up to moremoremore. We spent alot of yesterday shoveling 3feet of snow off the roof, and we still have the upper level to do today or tomorrow. Plus moving it once its down off the roof sucks. Mike said we arent working today, its our anniversary! I said belive it or not babe mother nature dont care, grab a shovel!! lol
Stay warm, Avista is predicting lots of power outages today. We have inland but ya never know!!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  10:36:27 AM  Show Profile
Yep, it's snowing, snowing, snowing here, too! We had about a foot before Christmas, woke up to another 15 inches Christmas morning and it's snowing again right now with another 2 feet expected! It's ok. I still love the snow and don't have anywhere to go that I can't walk (or ski) to, anyway.

Might want to have the candles and oil lamps ready!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com [size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  3:13:20 PM  Show Profile
This is definately the winter to beat all winters. I thought last year was pretty bad. I have now been snowed in since Dec. 23. I can't find anyone to plow me out. I am here by myself and have been shoveling non-stop. I finally got ahold of a backhoe operator to come dig me out when he can get here in a day or two. I had a good two feet of snow then freezing rain and now this morning another 10+ inches and high winds. Had a 28 hour power outage yesterday. I think I need to buy some snow shoes to get to the barn easier than slogging through knee-deep snow!! I was trying to keep the path to the barn shoveled but the snow keeps drifting so it's futile at this point in time. The sheep are holed up in the barn and aren't coming out for anything - not even goodies...Hope all is well with everyone else. As long as the power and the heat/water stay on I don't care so much about not being able to get out. I have enough supplies to last quite awhile.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  5:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sheri that sounds horrible. I talked to Grace today and admited to her, that it isnt bothering me. I kinda like being at home. sucks that my hubby cant get home, but you know its kind of a neat feeling. I guess I should duck and cover now, I am sure some of you want to hit me,lol. As long as the power is good, I think I'm good. Hang in there girls , I think this is just the begining!!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  7:44:35 PM  Show Profile
That's true there is a whole line of storms over the next week or so. If you want to view some pictures of my house go to: http://s460.photobucket.com/albums/qq329/SheepMom2/December%20Snow%20Pics/
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  7:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Sheri - I wish I was closer so I could lend a hand, but I have to say I will not go back onto 195 until I have to. Today's trip home was a little tense. I don't know why I get so nervous, I'm only driving 30mph, but I'm driving a non-4wd, with no snow tires, havent had money to get them, now we have money, there are no appointments to be had.
Amanda - there have been a couple days where I couldn't leave and I really didn't mind either, except that my DH has been off work for 5 days and is driving me crazy because he is going crazy. If it was just me here - no problems
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  9:12:21 PM  Show Profile
Amanda,
HAWAII, HAWAII, HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  09:58:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Aww Grace, the weather might be good today, maybe we should try to sneak out into the wilderness of other humans?
My 80 y/o neighbor called me this morning to see if I needed anything from Walmart, or if I wanted to go with her. I thought about it, and then decided against it, they have scraped our road so I could get out now for once in 2 weeks!! But I think I will just wallow here and dream of Starbucks from afar.....
Hang in there ladies!!
Sheri I hope you are okay!!
AmyGrace, I know the feeling Mike was home for 6 days...

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:56:31 AM  Show Profile
Amanda - this weather has definitely put a damper on my Starbucks habit. That is my one splurge on work days but I have been carpooling with DH and he gets the car so I can't get anywhere on my lunchbreak. And today I had the day off, DH was supposed to go back to work but he got into town and yesterday's weather has put everything behind again, so he came home and followed me from room to room while I cleaned out the pantry - heavy sigh. Oh well, I did get the pantry done
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  12:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
When Mikey follows me around I always say , "Could you get off my butt",lol. Dont ya just love that they love to follow us around when THEY are bored, but when the tables are turned they dont want us to follow then around? LOL You DID get the pantry done so Kudos to ya!!
It has seriously been about over a month since I have had SB,but I got a card for a gift and its burnin a hole in my purse. Ahh to go and sit in SB with a book and a coffee (decafe) and some sweet sugary HFCS infested snack,lol.
Anyway I just came in from sledding the hill with the kids, and they are HUUUNGGRYY , so they are getting a lesson in making their own Mac and Cheese, w/ my help from afar. I think I pulled a muscle shoveling ice...

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  09:12:45 AM  Show Profile
OK, I "e-Smacked" Amanda up-side the head for her "I Luv it" comment...grumble, grumble, grumble! lol! ya know I luv ya babysieta....
I am with you ladies, love my DH of 36 years but when he is home, I don't get much accomplished...(insert more grumble) 'course I probablly wouldn't be so testy if it were Summer where I could get out of the house!
Sheri, I hope you were able to get someone to plow you out....They posted the 211 ph# on T,V, to use if you need help, you might give them a call. Hang in there.
Amy Grace, when you manage to break loose & get to a Starbucks, order a Mocha Latte' so I can enjoy it vicariously through you!
Huckleberrywine has been taunting & teasing us with her "Wonderful vacation down in SO.Cal....boy she had better bring us back some of that sunshine!!!
Oh & how do I turn off these 30mph winds that are making havioc with the snow drifts??? uugghh!
1 cranky katmom amongst 4 snoozing kitties, that would be me!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  10:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine!!!! Did that work?

Okay, I'm home and I feel guilty. :) I guess I am paying for it by having to chip through Cascade Concrete so we can get in/out of the house without breaking our necks. The news last night said it snowed 5 ft. in 2 weeks. Not a record anyone wanted to break, but there it is. Guilt over...here come more snowstorms!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  4:10:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey Michell,
Yep, got another snow storm on the way. oh joy!
Glad you made it home safe,,,,you did bring me some sunshine didn't you!
First signs of Spring and I am snagging Amanda & we are driving out your way to have coffee at that cute little coffee/cafe in town(haunted house) and to visit that cool 2nd store.... so be prepared to be invaded by a couple of farmgirls!
Oh, how is Quig's doing? did he miss his mommy?

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  4:19:11 PM  Show Profile
I just had to go shovel 3 feet of snow away from the fence so the dog can't get over it. She remembered that the snow helped her out last year and has been sneaking out again. Then once she starts breaking one rule, she pays no attention to the others either - incorrigible I tell you.
And Grace - I have had more time off starting with Christmas than in a long time and not a thing to show for it because I have a house full of guys - bleahh
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  09:50:26 AM  Show Profile
You come on over any time! I'll have to bottle up some huckleberry wine and get a plate of chocolates ready.

You just wouldn't believe how snuggly Quigley was when I got home. Must have combed him for hours and he fell asleep with his head in my arms. We were both glad to see each other. And Scout had a good grooming/snuggle session too and dozed off a few feet away. Then the cat, and the dog...boy, there's nothing like critters to make you feel missed and welcomed home.

Amy, I've been walking the fence at the horse pasture...the snow is so deep they could probably walk right out! But they don't, thank goodness. Had to clear a lot of downed limbs off. Whew! Need to get some snowshoes. Walking in that much deep snow is exhausting. Probably why the horses stick to their paths closer in to the shelter, food, and water and don't roam the fence so much. Tractor battery died (just too darn cold)...going to town today to get another one so we can clear more roaming space for the boys. They are doing well, inspite of the -2 air temp this morning. Frisking about and very healthy. How's Annabel doing in the cold besides plotting escape routes?

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  6:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh she's feisty Michelle - she and the cat have a fairly constant game of chase going.
I love the picture of Quigley going to sleep with his head in your arms - what a lover!
Do you want to meet on Monday or do you have a lot of catch-up to do yet?
I guess it is supposed to snow more!!! Sunday night/Monday morning. This is just plain crazy, ah well, made it to Starbucks today (Grace and Amanda I thought of you), still driving with DH. I am really hoping to drive my own little car again someday
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Jan 03 2009 6:19:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Weather Report: Previous Topic SNOWSNOWSNOW!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page