sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2005 :  11:54:51 AM  Show Profile
I haven't made tamales in a long time. I would like to make them for Christmas eve dinner at my Sister-in-law's. With some chile beans, salsa, gauc and various other yummies. I know someone here makes tamales, I remember reading it somewhere. Tell me about your tamales, how to and what you in them and what you put with them like on the side stuff.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2005 :  3:44:32 PM  Show Profile
i have two FANTASTIC Marlboro cookbooks .. very 'home on the range' .. and the photographs are as wonderful as the recipes ... i'll check for tamales in them for ya'. Until MARYJANE'S book came along .. i used to gift these two books to my friends and family all the time!

i'll also take a picture of them .. i got most of mine on e-bay .. but have found a couple in 'antiques shoppes'! don't know if they are still in print or not. xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2005 :  4:10:10 PM  Show Profile
Down here in Texas, tamales are a big thing and quite controversial...kinda like bbq...whose is the best? hot, sweet or both?

My neighbors are from Mexico. They are an elderly couple with 7 grown children. She only knows how to cook BIG, so, my family is often blessed with her goodies. I will ask her how she makes her tamales and get back to you.

Blessings!
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic tamales Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page