kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  4:56:28 PM  Show Profile
I just had to go to the big thrift store in Ft. Oglethorpe today. I am so glad I did. I was looking for some baskets to put some gifts in. I found 3 cute ones. And a pottery plate, a pottery vase, a cute little silver tray with 4 little tiny bottles to put flowers in, a little Christmas tea pot votive thing, and an embroidered piece in an ugly frame that says God couldn't be everywhere, so he invented mothers. It's about 20x25, pretty big. I am going to take a picture so in the future I can post it on here.

There are several thrift stores around here. I need to go more often. It's fun to find nice things.

Kris

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  5:53:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kristin,
What kind of thrift stores do you go to? All we have in Salvation Army and Goodwill. Is that the kind of thrifts you mean? I'd love to know. What awesome treasures it sounds like youve found. lol...id love to see a pic of the "ugly" frame. ;)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  6:07:23 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, it's just the plain black thin plastic el cheapo frame. I need to fine a nice wooden frame and wash the fabric. I forgot the pretty pottery picture frame, too. It's purple with colored dots all around it.

We have Sal. Army and Goodwill, too. I went the other day to those. Hardly find really good stuff there. We also have a huge one where Sam's used to be called America's Thrift store. You could spend hours in there. But there are also lots of little ones all over the small towns around here. The one I went to today is called Providence. It helps drug addicts and alcoholics. I found my g'kids old wooden bed frames there a few years ago for $10 a piece. I always get good stuff there.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  6:28:38 PM  Show Profile
wow!Iwish they had something like that here.:)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Gone Thrifting Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page