Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Were having Roasted Potato Salad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Were having Roasted Potato Salad Next Topic  

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  1:56:29 PM  Show Profile
I making a "Roasted Potato Salad" that my whole family loves.

Set the oven on 450 - slice up 2 bell peppers and 2 onions. Roast in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper ( I use my big cast iron skillet). When there a little crispy on the edges take them out and put them in a large bowl. Now take about 10 med potatoes and dice them small. Put these in the cast iron skillet you just used on the peppers and onions. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add 3 cloves of crushed garlic. Roast in the oven until the outside of the potatoes are crunchy. Put the cooked potatoes in with the bell peppers and onions. Let cool. Add mayo and hickory smoked flavoring to taste. ENJOY>>>>>>>>>

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com
The earth is in our hands - please use a gentle touch

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  2:00:39 PM  Show Profile
OMG. That sounds YUMMMMM What an excellent "end of the harvest dish"!!! I always scrounge for the last miniscule peppers even after the first frost so that they don't go to waste, and althgouth they are not good enough for crunchy salad, they are fine for sauteeing, and cooking with!
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  4:51:20 PM  Show Profile

Thanks for sharing what looks like a good recipe. We had a great spud harvest and this sounds easy and yummy. I love to roast whatever I can get my hands on in olive oil and salt and I think mayo is the fifth food group! LOL
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Were having Roasted Potato Salad Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page