Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 My name is Mima and I am a Californian.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic My name is Mima and I am a Californian..... Next Topic  

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  07:28:52 AM  Show Profile
Okay,its been raining cats and dogs here! Which is great! BUT!!!!! Being Californian-I don't do weather. I was driving through Ventura yesterday and the rain was so hard-the visability was nil!!! How do you do it!!!! I kept thinking of my fellow farm sisters in cold climates!! I take my hat of to you!!! A little rain and I'm a mess!!!LOL!!! hugs!

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  07:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
A little rain is all it takes eh? LOL, I have to say the FREEZING temps are fine with me as long as I dont have to be outside.And if it calls for snow I dont go out unless I really have to. Although it snowed ALL day while I was at school and I had to drive home in about 3inches of it.And the road I take home, looked like a one lane road.I just stayed as close as I could to the tracks in front of me. It was that or go into the lake!
I've got about 6inches in the yard and our front road, is like an ice rink.Yesterday the boy who comes to play skated home in his sneakers,lol. IT was funny!
Hang in there Deb, the rain is a good thing down there.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  07:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hahha! Mima rain can be tricky especially if you aren't use to it, back in the stone ages when I moved from Eastern wa to western wa, I thought it was so funny how a little rain could shut the city down.. since they get rain all the time.. must have been all the Californians.... hahah!!!!

Having Grown up in Coulee City Wa. where we get snow, I guess I was able to learn early how to manouver in whatever you needed to.... See? we always get new oppertunities to learn a new trick.... LOL

Maybe you could just go "Singing in the rain"...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  08:34:49 AM  Show Profile
I was in Florida once for a bout a year and when there rain storms would come up everybody would pull over and wait it out. I read so much that year waiting for the rain to pass.

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  08:40:02 AM  Show Profile
My Mother says, "if you live in Western Washington and say you can't drive in the rain--well--you will never go anywhere". MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  11:00:27 AM  Show Profile
I saw that on Bonnie Hunt earlier this morning. It is pouring out there. Just stay in til it stops. That's like here when it snows. People don't know how to handle it. I know in Calif. people are probably going crazy there.

Stay safe. Kris
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  6:40:42 PM  Show Profile
I was talking on the phone to my mom (who lives about 15 miles north of Mima!!) last night late and WOW...I could hear the rain and it was loud and hard! That is one thing I don't miss since our move to Utah..we do get alot of snow and cold..but when it rains it is rarely hard rain and it never lasts long either. Where I grew up it sometimes rained hard for a few days in a row..non stop. And then would go months with no rain at all..haha.
I bet that storm is headed OUR way now...we are supposed to get hit again tomorrow afternoon.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  04:10:43 AM  Show Profile
Mima, I feel the same way. Raining here too. Kinda drizzly. Supposed to rain all week. Yuck!!! I miss the cold weather. I like it between 10 and 20 degrees. Cold enough that it isn't damp but not frigid. Perfect sled riding weather. I am originally from PA. The mud here is awful. I say on a rainy day curl up, read a good book, drink tea, and eat soup. Only venture out to feed animals.
Stay warm and dry
Merry Christmas
Becky

I am one with my inner farm girl!
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  08:30:26 AM  Show Profile
Juliet! hey sister! Where is Oroville??? Its kinda nice to have Winter weather for Christmas this year-(instead of our usual 75!!!LOL!) But seriously-when you live here -no one knows how to drive,use an umbrella,etc!!!!We shut down! I know I'm pathetic!!!! Hugs!

Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  08:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Oroville is about 1.25 hours north of Sacramento on hwy 70. We raise rice, cattle, & hay. I also have a goat,2 horses, 4 dogs and too many cats to count. I hate the winter out here. We get high winds because there are no barriers to stop it. It just whistles across the rice fields and when you go outside it nearly blows you away. Last January a wind storm took the roof off of our barn and we had minor damage all over the place. The barn needed a lot of work anyway and this just motivated us to get it done. We have some small things to finish but otherwise it is better than new. I was praying for a white Christmas. I should know better by now but I keep praying. I can't wait to go back to visit my parents in PA and play in the snow with my son. I know I could just run up in the hills and play in the snow but I never seem to make it up their. Too many skiers to contend with. I am more of a snow angel/ snowman/ sled riding kinda gal.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas
Happy New Year
Becky

I am one with my inner farm girl!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  09:43:33 AM  Show Profile
Hey mima,
long time no hear sista!
I so do remember those "rains" that we use to get back when I lived in Ventura County...don't really miss them 'cept after a week or two we would be done with them. Then have the most beautiful Springs which led into the driest summers....but we loved it 'cept when we were on fire or shakin' from quakes! lol!
If ya need a snow fix, your room is ready up here! lol! assuming the planes can land...Spaokane Airport has been shut down quit a bit due to the snow storms.....in fact Huckleberrywine~Michelle, was able to get the only flight out on the day she flew back to S.D. in CA. after her flight they shut down the airport for 3 days.
I am still trying to get use to it up here... 1 1/2 years,& my second Winter. Keep your fingers, eyes & legs crossed for me that next year will be better.....or I am coming to visit you till the snow melts!
miss ya my SO CAL Sista'
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 31 2008 09:44:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic My name is Mima and I am a Californian..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page