JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  06:26:36 AM  Show Profile
I have been making trinkett boxes for xmas, thought i'd share it with everyone in case your are interested. Maybe some already know, anyways, you take your old xmas cards, or any old cards, like birthday ect., if you don't want to save all. You cut the card in the fold>> draw with a ruler an x from one corner to the other, on both of the (insides) of the card! fold the card on all sides to the center of the (X) for the bottomn, and fold the other card (just) to the center of the ( X ) not right to it, but just befor it.! for the top of box, cut in the fold on the ends, bring the side flaps together fold down the outer ends and tape, these are excelent for little trinkett boxes! I used some for my homemade soaps for xmas gifts, or anything you want that is small enough to put in them. Hope I explained it good enough, I'd like to know if anyone else made these befor?? Enjoy trying these! it is a good way to use up old cards!and some of them are sooo sweet. I made one this morning with a kitten on the front of it. It was so cute and Christmasie! good luck it is fun to do!!JO!

love is all you need

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  08:42:55 AM  Show Profile
Jo -- these sound so cute. I'm such a visual person that I'd have to see one to be able to do it. But I'm going to save all my Christmas cards and give it a try. If you can post a picture of one that would be great.

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  2:09:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kay i am going to try to get a pict. of the boxes it is hard to figure at first but once u get the hang of it, presto, nothen to it. I have an old comp. here it is on it's way out tee hee! have a digi. camera but nothen to go with it, oh well!! hope to get a new everything i need, for to send picts. ect. one of these days, my mom used to say to me>> u and your somedays, ha ha! later jo! I will e mail u a pict. asap. JO!!~~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  3:46:06 PM  Show Profile
Jo,

I just tried to make the box. Not quite right, but now I have the general idea. Thanks. It's a great way to recycle cards!

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  4:30:41 PM  Show Profile
I tried it -- very fun!

Here's my 2 cents: The x made from corner to corner of the card serves to mark the middle, so I may try to mark just a small x in the middle and then erase it after I'm done folding. And at least on the card I used, it was hard to make a good clean crease when folding. (Maybe because it had a high-gloss exterior.) I may use something to mark an indent along the fold line before folding.

I'm going to make a few more tonight -- so cute and fun and good reuse of cards! Thanks, Jo, for a great idea.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Trinkett Boxes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page