Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 vintage crochet dishcloth patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic vintage crochet dishcloth patterns Next Topic  

dgarnera
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Debra
Pine Grove CA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  1:43:07 PM  Show Profile
I just got Maryjane's book less than a week ago and I am devouring it. I am a farmgirl at heart. We had a few acres when we lived in Oregon- with fruit trees, berries and a garden. We recently moved home to CA and couldn't find a rental on property up in the mountains. I am praying daily for at least 5 acres to come up when we are ready to purchase.
Anyway, I spin, knit, crochet, weave, am learning to quilt and have done cross stitch in the past. All the projects in the stitching section of the book had me drooling. I am anxious to get the materials needed to embroider up some hand towels, sew some aprons, do some redwork and crochet some of those adorable dishcloths the ones that were in shapes of pinafores, dresses, bloomers etc... Which leads to my question- where would I find patterns for them??
Any help appreciated..
Blessings, debra

Joyful momma of 5 plus 1 in the oven..

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  1:59:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Debra..you sound like fun...and you like about all the things I do!! I am originally from Calif too..but not sure where Pine Grove is. I bet you could find vintage dish cloth patterns on ebay. OR>>>I bet some of the gals here could be more help. Just wanted to let you know I am glad you found us. Isn't the book great?? I have had mine for months and still read it some every single day!!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

dgarnera
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Debra
Pine Grove CA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  2:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jenny for the welcome. I am hoping that some of the gals here can help me in my search. I love the book. I keep it with me whatever room I am in. I plan on having my daughter read it. I am looking forward to her new workbooks. Will make a great home ec course.
Pine Grove is in the foothills of Amador county. I like it. I just want some land.. I want chickens. I would like to have a room for my studio again..I have fiber, weaving and spinning tools everywhere, I haven't even unboxed my fabric yet.
Blessings,debra

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  2:20:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debra -- welcome! Here's a link that I found. Maybe you can find a pattern here for free.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dgarnera
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Debra
Pine Grove CA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  2:29:07 PM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by therusticcottage

Hi Debra -- welcome! Here's a link that I found. Maybe you can find a pattern here for free.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php

Thank you so much!! this is exactly what I was looking for.. Off to crochet..
blessings,debra

Go to Top of Page

dgarnera
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Debra
Pine Grove CA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  4:40:09 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to tell you that I printed out some patterns off the site that was shared. I started one about 30 minutes ago and I am almost done. It is a little dress. Mine may be bigger as I am using regular dishcloth cotton- which is fine with me. There is a pattern for a ballerina dress, pinafore and bloomers (which seperate into 2 dishcloths). The ballerina dress and pinafore are done out of bedspread cotton- I am toying with the idea of doing them out of dishcloth cotton- they will be much bigger but I will get them done much faster. I will be thinking on it. I would like to find the pattern for the little britches dishcloth in Maryjane's book- they are too cute! I think I will do one of these little dresses for the women in my family.
blessings, debra

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2005 :  7:43:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debra! I wish you were still in Oregon! Where about did you live. I am on the coast. I just started to crochet again and started with dishclothes. But I think I need to check out the web site as it sounds like there are some cute patterns. Happy crocheting! Simply, Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

dgarnera
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Debra
Pine Grove CA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  07:44:05 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by Julia

Hi Debra! I wish you were still in Oregon! Where about did you live. I am on the coast.

Julia, I was in Astoria. For christmas I made the little dress dishcloth for everyone- they were loved. for my mil's bday which is one christmas I also made a matching little dress potholder and a little dress to go over a bottle of dishsoap. they turned out so cute. While at her house I found a little pot holder that is a pair of overalls over a little white shirt with ruffled sleeves and neck. she is letting me borrow it to figure out the pattern.
she also has the cutest crochet apron that is hanging on her bathroom door. now I am on the lookout for an apron pattern. otherwise I will borrow hers and try to copy it.
blessings,debra

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  2:59:34 PM  Show Profile
I like Astoria. SOme great old houses. Got on the web site and printed a couple patterns. FIrst I am going to have to learn how to read them. I didn't see the listing for the dress dishcloth. What was the heading for it? Bought some more yarn today. I love the Peaches and Cream yarn, fun colors.
I have a few of crocheted aprons. I gave one to my married daughter as she wore it all the time as a wee one. I have two others waiting for grandbabies.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

dgarnera
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Debra
Pine Grove CA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  3:10:57 PM  Show Profile
I didn't see the listing for the dress dishcloth. What was the heading for it? Bought some more yarn today. I love the Peaches and Cream yarn, fun colors.

http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/cpatterns/crodress.html
here is the pattern.
You are lucky about the crochet aprons. My mil got hers at a garage sale- I guess I am not looking hard enough
I am off to crochet.
Blessings,debra

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  5:39:18 PM  Show Profile
thanks, debra, I got it! It is so cute! I can't wait. I think some of my dishclothes will find there way to my daughter as a housewarming gift. Her new kitchen is '5o's style. These will fit right in.

Edited by - Julia on Dec 27 2005 5:42:12 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic vintage crochet dishcloth patterns Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page