K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  5:15:19 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe it, I just went to town to get some supplies for the new hen house ( being built) and gas prices are 20 cents less than yesterday ...Today at FredMeyer $1.49 a gallon.. Tell me again...why was it over $4 only a couple months ago?

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  5:20:00 PM  Show Profile
Gas has been around $1.50 here the past few weeks. I haven't been to town today, it could have dropped again. I don't know why it's so cheap, but I'm likin' it! Wonder how much it'll go up after the new year? I sure wish we had a big gas tank here to stock with.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  5:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
There have been huge oil reserves tapped and a new refinery is opening or recently opened. Right now OPEC is freaking out about the low oil prices but most of them won't reduce export either. OPEC is calling for a 30% decrease in production, but very few of the countries are complying. I have heard estimates of gasoline prices going under $1 a gallon in the near future. I am okay with that!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  5:31:07 PM  Show Profile
ROTHF ...Backing up the truck, & car & trailer with empty cans to fill.. This is too good...

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

proudnanaof3
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Kim
Denton NC
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  6:55:10 PM  Show Profile
It has to do with supply and demand. The prices rose when we all panicked and filled our tanks and the long lines started because of threat of going higher. Then when we had our tanks full and not making as many trips, the prices began to drop to get us back to the pumps. As we continue to be cautious the gas is setting in the large tanks and the suppliers are getting backed up with no where to take their abundance of gas. Now we are at the advantage and are reaping the cheaper gas prices.

This was a short version of a newspaper article a few days ago. It shows how if us lower classed citizens would stick together and not give into the big business man we could take back the world. That is one reason I love MaryJane because she shows how to get back to nature and be resourceful instead of wasteful. This is just my opinion.

Farmgirl Sister #295

If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  7:18:59 PM  Show Profile
and a good opinion I must admit.. All in favor of Mary Jane's Farm ideals say I... I raising hand!

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Gas price down Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page