Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Doing the right thing... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  06:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I live right at the beginning or end, depending on which way you are coming, of a school zone, that is normally 45mph during the day but 30mph when the lights are flashing. It was 7 this morning when I left to take Charlie to daycare. I pulled out, got to the zone and slowed down to 30. I see this silver Saturn coming up full speed on me, so I tap my breaks. She doesn't stop but tailgates me in the school zone, then pulls out into the center lane, you know the ones for turning only to keep tracking flowing and PASSES me!!! All the while chatting on her phone. Now, I am honking and since we were out of the school zone, I try to catch her at the light but I wouldn't speed over 45, which by now she is doing around 60. I was going to let it go but I see her turn into the dry cleaners parking lot up ahead so I pull up beside her and honk. She IGNORES me and then finally rolls her window down and says "What do you want?" I was like "That was a school zone back there and that is NOT a passing lane on that road- solid yellow signifies no passing." She tells me she is not from here but yet is picking up her dry cleaning and chatting with the girl, who obviously knows her because the place doesn't open until 8 and it is 7:15. I tell her to get off her cell phone and pay attention. Just because you are not from here doesn't mean you shouldn't obey traffic laws and tailgate someone. I leave and she RACES through the parking lot and gets ahead of me- seriously, I think she was oblivious to what she had just done. I get behind her because I need to stop at the post office drop boxes before I drop off Charlie and I see her pull into the hospital parking lot, get out, put on her badge (you can spot these a mile away, they are purple and white and having interned there, I know that they look like)

So I go on my merry way but on my way home, I couldn't let it go. She honestly could have killed someone, especially a child and seemed not to care. I find her car, get the license plate and go talk to the security guy that became a bit of a friend when I interned there. He knows who she is and she is NOT a nice person. He couldn't really do anything about it but he thanked me for at least letting them know. She has had a lot of complaints about her at work. Maybe she will get the idea..I pray she does before she really hurts or kills someone!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  07:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- did you know you can report Aggressive driving like that to the police? They will take a statement from you, and if your report is bad enough, they will go talk to her and possible issue a citation. If not they will hold the report and if others report her, she will get a citation for sure.

Also, I would call her bosses and explain to them what you witnessed on her way to work. They might not be able to do anything about it, but it might give them an overall idea of what type of person she is (important when job cuts/pay raise time comes around!)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  07:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the tip Alee. That helps and makes me feel better. She was WAY out of line. I just might give them a call. : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  07:42:48 AM  Show Profile
In my opinion yeah she was way out of line....and she probably knows it. Or is oblivious to her actions and how they effect others..i doubt her work will respond and they probably already are aware of her ways. I think I would leave it...You already confronted her and you see how she responded. Sorry, this woman doesn't deserve any more attention. Save your "emotional bank account" for something more deserving.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  07:45:12 AM  Show Profile
If I'm not mistaken, here in Ohio you CAN still place someone under CITIZEN'S ARREST!
Wouldn't that be a hoot! I can see it now on the 6 o'clock news!
Nothing irks me more than people who think they own the roads.....

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  07:59:29 AM  Show Profile
I am referring to Steven Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effective People"
I attended a seminar of his while working and it made a lot of sense to me.
understanding the individual;
attending to little things;
keeping commitments;
clarifying expectations;
showing personal integrity;
apologizing sincerely when you make a "withdrawal".

Withdrawls are taken by many things, including:
showing discourtesy;
disrespect;
overreacting;
betraying trust;
not honoring commitments;
threatening.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  09:42:08 AM  Show Profile
I would write down her plate number and call the police on the non-emergancy number.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  09:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Yes, that is really unfortunate. There are many people who live life as if they were entitled to everything, with little concern or regard for others :(

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
herbals: www.wildatheartherbals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  09:57:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm gonna vote with K-falls on this.

I firmly believe that every negative thing you ever do will turn around and bite you some day. Like when you lock your keys in your car or your toast burns...it's all relative. lol

I do appreciate your ability Heather, to confront her and voice your opinion on what she just did in a manner that you should be proud of.

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  10:09:34 AM  Show Profile
Heather, Good for you for speaking up! With three kids of my own, I would call the police and report it because just as Alee said if she does get pulled over at some point your report would be on file! I can just imagine what would happen if some child were to chase after a ball or something and talking on a cell phone and speeding is a terrible combination!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  10:10:37 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Isn't it funny how some people can put others lives in danger and it never even phase them? THat is crazy. Sorry you had to deal with that kind of stupidity. Reporting it definitly sounds like a good idea to me. :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  11:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I do believe in what goes around comes around...and I have seen it happen...remember I mentioned the lady who cut me and about 3 other people off and almost cause and accident and she had her business on the back of her vehicle? Well, I saw her about again one day, driving crazy and almost caused another car to careen off into a gas station because she just needed to get over by racing up to beat everyone and just pulling in with no signal- well I called the police again after I went to check on the gal who skidded to the side (She was right in front of me) We both filed reports and I told them I was the one who reported this gal about 4 weeks earlier. They cited her- $650!!! YEE HAW!!! I actually saw her again, as she lives over by Charlie's daycare and she has take her business off her windows and she is driving a LOT slower.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  12:35:24 PM  Show Profile
SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE!!!!! We should all speak up when this stuff happens. Sooner or later enough people file reports and I'm sure someone checks into it....

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  1:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The thing that is really scary to me is that my sister when we were kids was hit two different times by cars while she was on her bike. Luckily she came away with minimal injuries each time- but only because the traffic was very very slow. What if they had hit my sister at those speeds? I probably wouldn't have a sister right now. Plus I know that every time I open my front door- both my toddler and my dog act like INDY 500 to the open street beyond. I take steps to make sure the situation is under control, but we all know that we all lapse in our routines once in a while or something unexpected happens- and of course kids don't listen.

And in a way you are actually doing that lady a favor. Hopefully she can learn her lesson now before anyone gets hurt. Her whole life not to mention the lives of others could be devastated by one accident where someone dies. She could conceivably go to prison for manslaughter. If it were me doing the crazy driving. I would much rather pay a fine or even have my license revoked than to kill some one because of my carelessness.

But I can also see the other lady's point of views as well.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  4:20:06 PM  Show Profile

Dear Heather, here is another perspective. I think its a good idea to report this person to the police with the plate number. I think you going to confront the person was an unsafe idea. Those of us wih purer hearts forget there are people that are violent or on drugs and if cornered might react in a very unexpected way. The police already probably know this person. Many sociopaths are out there and have a blatant disregard for the safety and rights of other and these people can be dangerous and vengeful. Its not a criticism of you but a thought about safety for the future.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Doing the right thing... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page