Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 8 months and still going strong . . . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic 8 months and still going strong . . . . Next Topic  

MamaCass75
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Cassie
Spring Grove MN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:05:48 PM  Show Profile
At the end of April I moved in with my wonderful boyfriend, he had been living in the 3 bedroom house by himself until them. Since that time I have been trying to make the house into a home. I has been and intresting road. You see ladies, my dear one is a pack rat . . . and his dad, trying to get rid of some of the things his wife had collected, would drop of totes of things in the basement when both my boyfiend and his wife were gone at work.

I still have alot left to do but today I had a break through and I feel the need to celebrate. Our basement is partly finished, with the laundry, a bathroom, etc. There is a backroom next to the laundry that I have wanted to clean out and make a sort of craft/sewing room. I am planning on also using the space to iron, put my drying racks and fold clothes. My Farmgirl Room!!! I a pipe dream when I first moved in, you could hardly walk in that room, it ended up being the catchall. There are still some things I need to find a home for, but as of this afternoon the floor is vaccumed and my work table moved in. I was able to sit in the clean space and imagine the potential!!!!

Still a lot left to do, but the end of the tunnel is in sight!!

Warm greetings to all of you from chilly MN!

Cassie
Farmgirl Sister #392

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:19:10 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that the greatest feeling when you've accomplished something? I sure wish I could get motivated to clear out my house.

But good for you, Cassie. Keep going and one day it'll be the way you want it. And think of all the beautiful things you'll make in a clean organized space! Have fun!

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great, Cassie! What a huge accomplishment!

Have you been able to get rid of things as well as finding a place for them?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:56:32 PM  Show Profile
wowser! Youve been a busy woman! Good for you! Keep up the good work :O) I personally am still waiting for those cleaning fairies to come to my place. If you see them out your way, you wanna send them this way..lol
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  8:32:43 PM  Show Profile
How 'bout hoppin a flight to Ca and giving ME a hand Cassie? OMG! You should SEE my living room! D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R!!!! Actually, I'm one of those that cleans the ENTIRE house all at once-- making a MUCH bigger mess of the whole place in the process. The problem is that I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!!! HELP!

Although, I do have to say that once I am done-- I'm DONE! The whole house is actually CLEAN! (but, with 4 two legged male creatures, 3 chihuahua-monsters and 3 cats-- it doesn't stay that way for long.... sigh....) ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  12:46:45 PM  Show Profile
Cassie~That's wonderful. I'm glad to hear that you have gotten so much accomplished. Enjoy your farmgirl room.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MamaCass75
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Cassie
Spring Grove MN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  5:10:21 PM  Show Profile
Alee,

I was able to find a home for everything, one way or another. Alot of the stuff was paperwork, some to be filed and some for recycling. What was no paper was clothes. My boyfriend works on a dairy farm so alot of it was his farm clothes and a bunch of stuff that did not fit. My mom has a loom and make rag rugs, so most of the clothes went to her. Her rugs made out of old jeans are the best. Once they get dirty you can just throw them right in the washer!

Cassie
Farmgirl Sister #392
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  5:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great, Cassie! Even better! How is the sewing room coming along?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic 8 months and still going strong . . . . Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page