Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Good Thoughts Please? *update*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Good Thoughts Please? *update* Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  2:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well we went and talked to the bank manager today and they are working with us. It isn't the best case scenario, but much better than I feared! Also, our landlords are working with us as well, so that has been a relief. We can pay them the remaining amount due on Friday and they hadn't tried to deposit the check so we don't have to pay them a bounced check fee. Phew! Well so what happened to the money that was supposed to be used to pay rent? Well- we had money in the account that was supposed to be for rent, and then we had a short term loan from the bank that was supposed to be paid out of Doug's paycheck on Friday. So instead of waiting for the paycheck the come in and things to go the way we planned, the bank is paying off the loan and then transferring the remaining deposit to our new checking account. So on Friday, instead of the bank getting paid, our landlords get paid. Now we just have to get all of everything switched to or new account. But no eviction and we still have a bank account. We had already decided to not buy each other presents this year so that was no surprise and we will still have money to live with and enough money to do the traveling that we promised to do.

Hi Ladies!

Our little family is going through a tough time right now. Today gave us an unexpected unpleasant financial difficulty. We will get through this and we are still more fortunate than many people in our community. Mid January things should take a sharp turn upwards and we should be on solid financial ground for the first time in over a year. Right now I just need a little extra energy to get me through this next month.

So any good thoughts or prayers for our financial situation right now would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks farmgirls! I appreciate you all so much!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Dec 09 2008 11:16:07 AM

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  2:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Thinking of you !

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  2:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Hey Alee, big hugs!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
herbals: www.wildatheartherbals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  2:57:40 PM  Show Profile
good thoughts headed your way.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  3:03:09 PM  Show Profile
My thoughts are with you Alee!! Glad to know that you have a definite date for an upturn!! That helps
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  4:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies!

Yes our saving grace is going to be my financial aid money. I know we have to pay all that we borrow back- but without the loans I wouldn't be able to attend and my eventual degree will give us the income we need!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  4:27:03 PM  Show Profile
Alee, You are most definitly in my prayers, Sister! I know exactly what a strain financial troubles and uncertainty can be. God is good and keep trying to remember like I do, that He already knows the end to all this. :)
Hugs and Prayers!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  4:28:00 PM  Show Profile
The very best to you and your family Alee, be strong and steadfast in your faith and all your needs will be met. Prayers heading out for you , (((hugs)))

Linda
Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  4:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies! I really do appreciate it!

I figure if the absolute worst case scenario happens, we can put our stuff in storage, and Doug can rent a weekly room at a hotel for a month or so while Nora and I live with my parents.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  4:35:35 PM  Show Profile
(((Hugs))) Alee, Great things will come from these trying times. Count your blessings and Thank God for the opportunities awaiting you. You and your family are in my prayers as well.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I sure hope it does not come to that. I wish ya'll lived here. I've got a little guest house. But thank goodness for parents! What would we do without them? It's good they're nearby.

I always think of the worst thing that could happen and when it doesn't, I am so much more grateful then. So keep looking ahead to when all this will be over. This too shall pass.

Prayers, Kris
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Kristin- you are such a sweet heart.

What happened is Doug and I had a severe case of mis-communication this summer. He even admits that he was lazy about keeping track of the bank account. He would buy lunch and soda at work which was often 2-3 debit purchases a day...

Well then an automated bill would come out or rent was due and those purchases would make us go negative to the tune of $35 each. We recently counted up how many fees and let's just say it was equal to about a month and three quarters of Doug's take home pay.

Well the bank sees this and views our account as risky (even though it is positive right now and is going to stay that way!) and decides to shut our account down.

Right now the scary thing is our rent check is out there, not deposited or cleared yet. So we are working with the bank to try and get the $$$ in our account to us ASAP so we can pay it to the landlords.

The scariest thing would be for it to bounce back to the landlords before I can get the funds released from my account (up to 10 days) and since our landlord is pretty much a slumlord- we know he will serve us with an eviction notice.

This all is really hard on me and I have been stressed this past 6 months because of this. It is so hard to work and save and budget only to have your budget destroyed because of mistakes or lack of attention.

Doug and I both have made mistakes, but since I am home 99% of the time, it seems like most of the fees are from Doug's mistakes and I know some of mine were because his purchases slipped in and grabbed money out of the account. We are under a strict self-imposed moratorium on money issues right now.

The really frustrating thing is that this pay day was going to mark the first really solid progress to not having a stupid money situation.

Oh well. It will work out one way or another. Thanks for listening ladies! You are the best friends a gal could ask for!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  8:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee - the debit card will be the death of me yet. My husband is as bad as Doug - I've just got so I check every day online to see what is out there. We've had some major money miscommunications too...one of the worst. Good luck darlin'!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  8:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Alee, you and your family are in my thoughts!! Have a great week!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  8:47:51 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
I hope that Doug learned from this situation, and will remember in the future what has happened.

I know I have had my own money issues,too. One thing though, is your frugalness, and budgeting probably saved you from what could have been a worse situation.

Hang in there, we're all pulling for you!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland

Edited by - kissmekate on Dec 08 2008 8:49:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  9:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies-

Amy Grace- I was checking the account all the time, but for some reason the caterers at Doug's job hold onto their batch (the cc and debit transactions) until Thursday night- so it happened several times where he would keep spending and I had no clue so I would pay a bill or some thing and then on Thursday night (right before his paycheck was deposited no less) about 10-15 transactions would slip through! Can you imagine how ill I felt on the Friday morning to check to make sure his check was deposited only to see were were down by about $350 because of bounced check fees! Ugh. It makes me sick all over again!

Yes, Doug has learned his lesson. I have Microsoft Money all set up to help us track the transactions and Doug has stopped buying things at work.

We used to not share a bank account, but we decided since we are married it would be a good idea. I guess the purse strings are back in my hands again now.

Thanks for the support ladies. It has been a rather discouraging day. *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  05:39:27 AM  Show Profile
Alee, you all are in my thoughts and prayers. I check my account several times a week only to find charges I knew nothing about. I'll ask my husband about them and he'll say, "Oh, I meant to give those slips to you." It's so frustrating when you think you know what's in the account and send out a bill and find it's too close or the money's not even there. I hope things get better out there for you soon.

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  06:45:00 AM  Show Profile
Alee, You are in my thoughts and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope that things clear up for you guys soon.
*hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  07:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well we are going to go talk to the bank manager today and hopefully she will not close our account.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  11:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Alee, I'm so glad everything worked out for you and Doug. Money is one of the toughest things a couple has to deal with, even when you're on the same wavelength, stuff still happens. Hang in there, girlfriend, and glad Doug learned a good lesson without worse consequences coming from it.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  9:21:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee, I am so glad your meeting with the bank went well.

I bet it is a huge sigh of relief.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  9:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug and I are feeling very encouraged and for the first time in a long time- we feel like we are on the same page! yay! I am, within the next two days, going to finish off this semester and gear up for the next! I can't wait to hurry up and get college taken care of so I can get a great job and help with our finances again!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  05:46:07 AM  Show Profile
Cash, cash, cash.

Since the economy has seriously gone south, we have been trying to use Dave Ramsey's approach to our finances. Check out his website at www.daveramsey.com. He has a radio show that you can look for in your area. We are paying down our last credit card (it rose to 25% APR after the stock market fell). We have a debit card, but do not use it hardly ever. We use our AmEx more frequently because it has to be paid off at the end of the month and we get rewards at the end of the year. I just check it everyday and see if it needs to be paid.

Y'all can do it! By the way, my husband told me that if I spend any money on fast food that he would take my money away from me. I'm trying to lose weight and that's my weakness and we don't have the money for that type of luxury. Good luck on getting it all figured out!

Blessings!
~Farrah

http://oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  06:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, we are going to cash based accounting big time..

AND Because the main bank account is now in Doug's name only... this will force us to sit down each Friday and account for the money in our possession.

I am already thinking ahead to this Friday. We will finish paying rent and go to Costco. Instead of me being the workhorse and getting all the bills paid- Doug will have to go along every step of the way! Hurray!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  09:16:57 AM  Show Profile
Those debit cards can be a problem!! We got 2 checking accounts, one for bills and etc and one just for Kevin for gas and little things. In works 30 miles away from where I work so was just too hard with one account and he would never remember to tell me about debits. It works out pretty good.
Good luck on all as we sure know the paycheck to paycheck thing and it gets old. There is a tiny light at the end of the tunnel so hopefully will brighten up.
You are in my prayers!!!

Rae

I love living in the country!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  09:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well today is the first Friday of this new accounting regime. As soon as Doug gets up we will be heading out to the bank to get a money order for rent, then we will withdraw cash to put gas in the car and buy groceries. If we don't have the cash to buy it- it doesn't get bought!

I must admit that I am really looking forward to when financial aid comes in again!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Good Thoughts Please? *update* Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page