Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Picked up a few things at a fund raiser.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Picked up a few things at a fund raiser. Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  10:23:19 AM  Show Profile
Lots of snow here last night and more expected today. Looks pretty out.
Picked up a few things this morning at a fund raiser. So posted a picture.
Pretty busy around here today. The three little ones are here, they are all making crafts at the moment. Stuffed them with a good lunch, that always calms them down.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  12:03:19 PM  Show Profile
We have no snow. Even the ski resorts aren't open yet. the mountains have snow but not where the skiers go. Nice little bear. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  12:28:47 PM  Show Profile
I remember living in Liverpool, NY and the snow was higher than my 1953 Chevy. Not only that, it was so cold and seemed like the snow hung around forever. Was hard to get up in the morning and go to work on the hill in Syracuse at the Upstate Medical Center. Have never had snow like that since. I can also remember the Union 76 orange balls on the antenna of our cars so folks driving a different direction could see you.

Can you tell I don't particularly care for the cold?

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  1:54:10 PM  Show Profile
We've got the cold, no snow this time, occasional freezing rain, and the wind has whipped my trellis off the front of the house...It is quite breezy inside as well, just to keep me on my toes, I guess. This cold weather doesn't agree with my joints. Ah well.

Nancy Jo, you certainly did well to help raise funds, and raise all our spirits here, we get to see all the loot. I am very impressed. I actually went to a few junkstores today, got two pine cones the size of human heads, some other holiday decor, found a couple really funny salt & pepper sets, I also got a couple really nice books for my daughter. If I can find my camera I'll see if I can actually upload a few visions. Lately I can't seem to get the pictures uploaded correctly.

I'm making some Christmas ornaments out of felt and then I'll either embroider them or bead them , or both. I find tiny projects when I'm feeling rotten are rewarding, because I get almost instant results...well I better get right back to it.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  2:04:29 PM  Show Profile
kARIN,
I would love to see what you are making! Little felt things sound really cute. I saw on a site someplace, little felt mittens, all fixed up for tree decor. very cute.
I can only guess how the cold does not agree with your aches and pains. Heavy socks are good, and a fire place. But don't sit to close to the fire with the heavy socks on.
What are you going to do with the VERY large pincones?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Picked up a few things at a fund raiser. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page