peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  11:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
20 degrees here in Michigan today...I fed this morning and obviously don't have very good gloves - the tips of my fingers were froze! Watering animals??? I think that I had just got them all watered and it froze within minutes! Same with tonights feeding! Gotta love that chizzling of the ice to find some bit of water!!! I'm not too fond of winter!!! What's worse??? If anyone had a camera (thank goodness no one around me does!) I go out in full camo - it's sooo warm and so funny to see!!! My kids are hunting and I'm feeding! LOL Blessings to all this holiday season!!!
Melissa

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  06:38:44 AM  Show Profile
Are ya still frozen up there? It is here. I have to haul buckets of water now. They are so much more thirsty in the winter. But that's ok. It's great exercise, right?

Kris
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  06:48:56 AM  Show Profile
Thank goodness No animals to water here right now, except the dog, and he sleeps at the foot of our bed..eats & drinks in the laundry room...It's 10 degrees in Klamath Falls OR. I guess winter is hitting in the USA for sure. Set the timer on the coffee pot to come on at 6. It sure tastes good when I am cold...in the morning. I guess we will need to get a heat lamp for the chickens for sure when we get them. Thinking about a couple oinkers too..in the springtime.....brrrrrrrrrr

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Edited by - K-Falls Farmgirl on Dec 07 2008 07:54:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  10:39:31 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Still blowing cold and snowing here! We put the tree up yesterday and watched everyone get "stuck" in the drifts going down our rode! Needless to say, we stay busy in the winter pulling people out!! I'm hauling buckets of water now also! It is awesome exercise, I just wish the wind weren't so darn bad! Seems I just throw a big pitch fork full of hay out to the horses and it blows right back in the face!! We have no electric at all in our barns but the chickens are staying surprisingly toasty warm in their old camper chicken house!! We're thinking about getting acouple more pigs in the spring also, for now the baby cow is growing and warm in the barn and the goats, horses and bunnies seem to be keeping warm also!!! I'm sure spring is just around the corner isn't it??? LOL!!
Melissa

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic 20 degrees???? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page