Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Purpose Board Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  5:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Two years ago I did one. I am a very visual person and I tend to need things kept in front of me to get them "done". SO I did a purpose board. I was looking it over this week I discoverd that most the things on it, are now DONE. SO time for a new one.

Here is what I did...I sit down with books, catalogs whatever and tear out pictures of things that represent what I want to accomplish in the new year.. and then write out how I plan to get there, I hang the little journal on the board for easy access... So... I plan on sitting down again this weekend and refreshing my board.. anyone else?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Dec 05 2008 5:18:50 PM

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  5:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yes!!! ANOTHER thing to add to my Striving for '09 posting!!! I have told Scott that 2009 is going to be OUR year...seriously...I can feel it in my bones!!! YEAH!! I want to do one for the coming year... once school lets out next week, I will start working on mine. I need something portable, as a move is in our FUTURE again!!! : ) Thanks for the reminder.

Rene- how close did your 2008 life come to your board??? : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  5:34:51 PM  Show Profile
What a good Idea...Rene, Do you use a big cork board? I have the perfect spot for one.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  07:12:16 AM  Show Profile
I've always made something like this inside the front cover of my home organizer, and I look at it every few days when I'm working in the organizer for one reason or another, but I like your idea so much better. I'm even thinking that after I make mine, I'm going to go to a copier and have color copies made (a bit pricey, but over the long run worth it) so I can put mine up in more than one place. I'd like to have one over my desk, one inside my planner, and one on my credenza wall in my office at work.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful idea!!

Btw, I also like your name for it -- "purpose" is a favorite word of mine, along with living "deliberately".

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please email me for all your BeautiControl needs!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  09:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is a great idea, Rene! I think keeping our goals in mind really does help. I am going to make one that helps me focus on being DEBT FREE! I know we can't get out of debt completely in one year, but I would like to be debt free except student loans if at all possible.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  2:39:01 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Rene, this is great! It's so much better than waiting a day or two before the new year to think about my goals for the next year. And using pictures - so nice to have an actual picture of your purpose. After all, a picture speaks a 1000 words........or something like that.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  6:59:44 PM  Show Profile
THIS IS an awesome idea...I like that so much..maybe even having the "chitlins'" add their own personal PURPOSE to the board. The kids are so great at visualizing as well and the goal orientation is great for us all. THANKS..off to get started.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Purpose Board Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page