Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2004 :  5:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the family Pat!! You sound like just our kind of gal...it will be fun hearing from you!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2004 :  6:05:26 PM  Show Profile
Pat, Welcome aboard! Your new adventure sounds wonderful and how nice to have a friend who shares the same interest and the opportunity move in with her. You have found a new home with us!

farmgirl@heart
Longaberger Lover and all things antique
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2004 :  10:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
welcome pat, i have only been with this site a short time, but already i love it and have learned alot. my new special time is checking in on the site at nite after the farm quiets down.
i hope you will enjoy joining your friend on the farm, i believe you will. take care of yourself, and enjoy. frannie
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2004 :  08:25:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Patricia,
I have a dear friend here who just took over a horse farm 2 years ago after her divorce. What a trooper. So much hard work but she has whipped it into shape and started a farm internship program. This summer besides helping her to get the extended gardens in her interns participated in a series of Cobb building workshops to construct an outdoor cobb oven and an indoor working kitchen for the interns as well as a place to do the processing of the veggies and fruit that they have been working so hard to produce. The horse care falls mainly to my friend Chris and her daughter plus two interns that have stayed on for a year to assist. I am amazed what we women can do when we put our heads together. This weekend in the county farm tour and I have been helping her out to get the stables ready and the display gardens accessable. She helps me here when I need it or sends interns to give me a hand. I love this community.
I think that you will also find it to be a wonderful experience. Hard work and new experiences are good for the soul.
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2004 :  10:06:09 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Frannie and Pat!!! I am so glad you found this wonderful place that gives these kindred spirits a voice! Isn't MJ a miracle! Fran your farm and goats sound beautiful and productive! Pat, what your are doing is amazing and I am cheering for you! I love horses! Please let us know your stories, ideas, inspirations, and knowledge ladies!

Time Flies
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2004 :  10:26:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie,
I love to find and fix up old things also. I have not found a ready market to resell them in this area. I think that the people who want to purchase the work I have done do not want to pay any more for the item than I did before I fixed it. I place a value on my time and artistic ability so most of the things I have fixed that were not contracted to me have ended up in use in my house. I don't have room for anything more so wonder how I am to continue this hobby!
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2004 :  4:25:00 PM  Show Profile
Eileen,
I feel the more people who contract work from you, the more business you will get. It may take awhile, but I bet word will get around.

farmgirl@heart
Longaberger Lover and all things antique
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2004 :  10:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Been helping my neighbor get ready for the annual county organic farm tour this week. We are thinking about getting up a holiday gift show sometime in November. Might find takers for my extra goodies there. Can't wait!
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

Pamntx
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Pam
Deer Park Texas
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2004 :  5:52:11 PM  Show Profile
I have just learned of this forum also. Just ordered the magazine and I can't wait for it to come. We are moving to East Texas on two acres and to a home that belonged to my husband's grandmother. I am excited and anxious at the same time, having never lived in the country. It's been my dream and now it is reality. We have tons of work to do on the house to even be able to move in, but actually I'm more excited about having a large garden now, instead of the small one we have had and anxious to expand my herb garden. I recently became interested in drying my herbs and really enjoy it. I'd love to have some help with this and suggestions. My husband's grandmother lived to be 98 and sold her produce down the road from the home. I'd love to follow in her footsteps. Anyway, would love to hear from you!
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2004 :  7:35:33 PM  Show Profile
Pam,Sounds like your grandmother has left you with a legacy of produce customers. How wonderful.
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic just joining in Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page