Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 How to dry apples and oranges for potpourri?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic How to dry apples and oranges for potpourri? Next Topic  

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2005 :  7:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies

Saw a tree in a recent Country Living that was decorated with dried oranges and apples (slices) I thought in addition to adding them to my tree, they would be great to add to some homemade potpourri. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to do this without a dehydrator.

"Breathe in the Sunshine"

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2005 :  7:45:48 PM  Show Profile
jenn .. you can dry these fruits in a dehydrator or in the oven at a low temperature .. i haven't done this for years ... the oranges can get 'buggy' after awhile .. and the apples need some lemon juice to keep them from turning brown. i'm sure i have those 'recipes' in some of my books and will check them for you sometime this weekend .. i'm sure the other farmgirls have some great advice on this too. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2005 :  03:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks so much, do you put the lemon juice on before or after drying and if I dried them in the oven at around 150 how long do you think they need to go for?

"Breathe in the Sunshine"
Go to Top of Page

FloralSaucer
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Australia
156 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  10:36:08 PM  Show Profile
http://members.tripod.com/christmasthyme/crafts.html
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic How to dry apples and oranges for potpourri? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page