Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Biz-Embroidery pattern Stamping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Biz-Embroidery pattern Stamping Next Topic  

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  7:24:36 PM  Show Profile
A few years ago on one of my embroidery groups, I heard that Biz will take the Aunt Martha stamps out of your material if you make a mistake when stamping.

For instance, I once used a Basket Aunt Martha pattern and stamped a pillowcase and accidentally blurred half the pattern, from laying it back incorrectly after checking if it had stamped well enough to see, upon deciding it needed to be darker I put it back on wrong and had a blur. I tried every thing for a month, soaking for days in oxiclean, peroxide, anything I could think of and nothing took the stamp out. I finally just stitched over the blur, as the pattern wasn't even faded by all the soaking and washing I had done to it!

Another time I put a Kewpie Aunt Martha pattern on a flour sack towel, and I put it too low on the towel it was my first time stamping a towel and I did it like I did pillow cases, at the very bottom......on that would be silly on a towel! So I tried to wash it out too with out any success. Since the towel was only a dollar, and I could get more stampings out of the pattern, I used the towel as a old dust cloth and forgot about it.

Later on one of my groups, a lady recommended Biz! I right away went out and bought some. That was over a year ago. I haven't needed it though till last week when I stamped a towel, and accidentally left the number of the pattern in the part I cut out to stamp on. And of course stamped it on the towel unknowingly. It was in a weird spot where a flower or anything to cover it up would just look weird. So I decided, I would try the biz after I stitched up the pattern. And if it didn't take it out, I wouldn't worry about it, as I use my towels pretty hard, and they usually eventually get stains any way.

Well, I finished stitching it, and just pulled it out of the washer a few hours ago, the number is completely gone! And it was stamped on REALLY dark!

So if any of you make a stamping mistake try the biz!

Not even colonialpatterns.com recommend anything that will get their stamps out, I think they need to let us know about Biz, cause it worked great! I didn't even soak it. I just threw some of the biz in the wash with it! In the past I tried lots of things and nothing else has ever worked!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  7:39:51 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad to know that! I have some immediate plans to find BIZ!!!
Where did you get it?

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  8:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great to know! Thank you very much!

Did you rub it on as a paste or just follow the directions on the box and add it to the wash water?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  10:45:51 PM  Show Profile
Good information! I'd much rather use Biz than Oxiclean anyway. Oxiclean never seemed to work for me but Biz is a great product! Besides, I can't stand Oxiclean's spokesman..."HELLO! BILLY MAYS HERE...

Autumn, I've just bought Biz at the grocery store or in Walmart. But come to think of it I haven't seen it in Walmart for awhile.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  05:23:59 AM  Show Profile
I bought my Biz at Walmart. I believe it was on the top shelf, by the Borax.

I didn't even put a paste on it or anything, I didn't even do it to be honest with you, lol. Cause the laundry room is in a basement with steep scary stairs, my husband does the wash. And I told him, make sure to throw a scoop of biz in the wash with the detergent, and so he did. I had to find the biz first though, as like I said I bought it over a year ago. lol haha I found it, and I am sure he only threw a scoop or so in. I'll ask to be sure though. But, I know he didn't do any paste action, cause he didn't even know why I was asking him to add the biz. lol haha (oh in compensation, I take out the trash! lol hahaha)

But, I am so so glad to know this too!

And yes those commercials are annoying. I miss the commercials of my childhood! They were cute and sweet, and we actually knew what they were advertising for. Unlike now, I watch a whole commercial and am still wondering what the product was they wanted me to buy! lol

Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  07:02:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey thats what I need
So,
how do you put it on the material???
Not sure I understand
I get a lot of the blurring too at times
Frustrating ain't it.
anyways. I ain't very smart about these things.
Thanks for telling us.
I want to get back into embroidering after Christmas.Sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  07:47:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh I hope it works for prestamped things. I bought a prestamped tablecloth at the thrift store. I swear the person who designed the pattern never embroidered in their life. There are so many sqiggles and impossible lines to try to embroider. Off to get some Biz. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  08:32:59 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing this tip.
I will definitely be trying it.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  6:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Well, you know how you usually add soap to your laundry-washing machine. Add your regular laundry detergent and a scoop of borax, then wash like you do any thing else you would wash.

I hope it works on prestamped things for you as well!

And I hope it works for you too homerun! I am so happy it worked for me!

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Dec 04 2008 6:28:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  6:31:58 PM  Show Profile
Here's before and after-
These aren't the best photos, it was actually much darker then it looks in the pic, but here it is-

after-

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  9:58:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh that ducky is just way to cute and the tip about biz is a great one to ..

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  2:34:47 PM  Show Profile
I love the duck too. lol Thank you! :)

Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  5:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Oh isn't that adorable!!!??? I love the duck, Heather! I just ordered some Aunt Martha's patterns and can't wait to start working on them, so I will definitely remember the Biz. Thanks for sharing. I just love these embroidrered dishtowels so much. Hey, I have family in Weedsport and Auburn, NY. Is that near you???

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  5:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hey Heather, where did you find the duck pattern?? Thanks,

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  6:22:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,
THanks for sharing this great tip. Im definitly going to have to get some. I am terrified to iron the Aunt Marthas patterns on because of the traumatizing gray blur and lines. They have such sweet patterns but it takes me forever to trace them on a light box sometimes. Definitly going to try it!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  09:11:49 AM  Show Profile
I've never heard of those cities sorry, I live in Jamaica, Queens. :)

I got the Duck Pattern probably at walmart, but they don't sell them any more. But, it's just a Aunt Martha Pattern, can be bought at a lot of places, JoAnn's, Hancock's, Hobby Lobby, etc.

I hope it works for you as well as it did for me Jessie, I'm going to be trying it on some pillow cases later next week!

Go to Top of Page

KansasConnie
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Connie
Atchison County Kansas
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2009 :  1:43:02 PM  Show Profile
This is a great tip! I can't wait to try it on an embroidered horse quilt my DH's grandmother made for him 25+ years ago. It has been washed many times (I'm betting 100x!) and the Aunt Martha's stamp is still there!

On my own embroidery projects, I usually use a washable pen and light box for this reason...but I'll give Aunt Martha another chance!

Kansas Connie
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2009 :  9:17:37 PM  Show Profile
I hope it works for you Connie, I am hoping it will work just as good on pillow cases.

I forgot to mention, the numbers I ironed on, are off the side of the ducks head, under the Y in Wednesday. That grayish smudge, if it would of came out more clearly you would see that it was numbers of the pattern, it completely came out of the towel!

I'm working on pillowcases right now and surely hope it works on them, because it has dots for french knots, but obviously the people who approve these patterns (Aunt Martha's) do NOT embroider themselves! The dots are so huge, I am not kidding it would take every bit of 12 strands of DMC floss to make a french knot large enough to cover the dot. They are huge! It's one of their brand new primitive patterns. I sure hope the biz works, other wise, I'm going to have to waste a LOT of thread to make those knots. It may even take more then what I think! The dots are at least a 1/4 inch across!

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Jan 11 2009 10:48:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Biz-Embroidery pattern Stamping Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page