Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hi from northern California!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from northern California! Next Topic  

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  02:55:25 AM  Show Profile
I am so excited to finally be a certified farmgirl. I have been haunting the sight for over a month getting inspired by all of your ideas. Now that my email issues are fixed I am a true blue farmgirl. In the last month I have tried a few of your ideas and I want to do soooo much more. I can't wait to get to know you gals. I hope I can inspire y'all as well.

I am one with my inner farm girl!

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  05:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Becky! So glad to have you here with us!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  05:41:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Becky. Welcomeing you all the way from Ga. I am a Calif. girl born in Trona and lived in Placerville, L.A. and Hollywood hills. But my heart belongs to Ga. Where is Oroville? Any animals?

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  05:59:00 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Becky--Glad you joined in. Hey, there is an Oroville in Washington, too. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Dec 03 2008 05:59:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  07:55:45 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all:)
Oroville is north of Sacramento about 1.5 hrs. along hwy 70. I live with my DH and 3 yr old son on a 300 acre ranch raising rice, hereford/beefmaster cattle, and hay. My DH and MIL farm it together. I help. I have a goat, 2 horses, 20 cats, a handful of fish, a rooster,(something got my chickens) and 4 dogs. I am originally from PA.I moved here 7.5 years ago when I met DH on the internet.

Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  08:05:29 AM  Show Profile
I grew up with horses. When I was little we had farm fresh milk from my uncles' farm, and goat's milk from my gram's. I loved it we always had a big garden and canned a lot, but at the time I felt like a slave being used for labor and didn't pay attention to how it was done. Just recently thanks to y'all's ideas I have made pomegranate jelly and apple butter and apple sauce. The bug has bitten me. I love it. I am a stay at home mom since august. Before that I was a custom picture framer. I have a degree in Interior Design and wood like to use it someday. I just hate the materialistic nature of that field. I would rather help people use their spaces better and enjoy them. Someday I will do something with it. Right now I am interested in making and growing stuff to sell at the farmers market. I have been reading tons of threads on it. Can you tell I have been anxious to join I could chatter all day.

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  08:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
haunting, that is cute. Well welcome we are thrilled you are now in the "flesh" so to speak!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Dec 03 2008 08:11:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  08:14:55 AM  Show Profile
Hey Becky! Welcome from Klamath Falls Oregon..You will love it here.. Imet my Dh on the internet too 9 years ago. we have been married 2. We recently (7/4/08) moved here from Arizona and love it. Look forward to your posts.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  11:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Chatter away Becky We love doing that here.

My good friend's in-laws lived in Oroville until recently. DD and I are down in Ventura County, but travel all over central Cal for sheep shows.

Welcome and enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  5:46:26 PM  Show Profile
I am a craftaholic with no time to feed my habit. I am a bad time manager. I have been doing better in the last few weeks. I started the flylady shine your sink group and have been catching up. I am in the process of making some large craft tables for my craft room so I have a place for my sewing machine and surger and have a place to lay out projects. I love to create crafts for kids, make button jewelry, scrapbook, design pillows and aprons, embellish things, and frame pictures. What I wouldn't do for a computerized mat cutter. I love doing elaborate matwork on some pictures when appropriate. I want to try oil painting someday and I want to upholster cornice boxes for my house. Anybody interested in any of these things? I would love to get to know other farmgirls from Northern CA. I have been telling everyone I know about MJF since I first found the mag in Tractor Supply. I am like a walking advertisement[:))].

Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  11:46:07 AM  Show Profile
Becky.....I live in Biggs. We need to get together!
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  2:48:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Terri,
I have been hoping to find some local farmgirls! Yay! There is a chapter in Gridley that I am waiting for a reply about. There are a few farmgirls in the area. Are you a member of this chapter? I would love to get together some time.

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  4:51:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Becky,
So glad you decided to be a "true life" farmgirl and join us. Oh, but we do have fun here!! Like Jenn says Chattering is our specialty!!
hugs and welcomes!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  6:40:27 PM  Show Profile
I have yet to find a local chapter....there is one in Orland, I think? I would love more info, if you have it.

You can email me directly at terricooks@att.net
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  3:54:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Becky, welcome to the farm...so glad to have you with us.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from northern California! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page