Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 For Friends of arose (Linda) update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic For Friends of arose (Linda) update Next Topic
Page: of 3

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  03:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Good morning again! Boy the days seem to fly by like this...
Anyway, mom wasn't able to come home for the weekend due to another seizure. She seems to be comfortable, and is gaining back a little of the strength that deserted her. She has received a couple of Christmas cards from some farmgirls that my dad brought to the hospital, and these made her very happy. Thank you! You all hold a special place in her heart. She talks about getting home and continuing her project of making dolls for you!

Thank you again for your kindness and prayers. I will continue to print this thread so mom can read your well wishes!

Kelly
When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  06:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Dear, dear Kelly, prayers are flying up to God from here in Missouri. Caring for a parent can be rough at times but it is so rewarding. I'm sure you're hearing this from many people but the way you are showing your love and concern for your mom is worth more than you'll ever know. Your presence brings her peace and that will help her more than all the medicine in the world as she is on this journey to recovery.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  08:00:38 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, you and your Mom are still in my prayers. I'm glad to hear she's doing some better. I'm sending warm and healing thoughts her way. And please take care of yourself too. (Hug)

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  3:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Good evening!

I just returned from spending the afternoon with my mom. She decided yesterday to try going through the night without someone with her, and it went...okay. The woman on the other side of the room is having a rough time with pain, and that disturbed my mom's sleep. Mom had pain in her head this morning, so she was on pain meds, which makes her a little slower.

She did have a wonderful surprise though! Her younger brother (he is 43... I am 45...weird having uncles younger than me!!) who lives in San Diego surprised her with a visit. He is here until Tuesday. We had a full house yesterday and today with visitors, which tired her out, but she was happy.

Her surgeon has decided to do two different "surgeries"...one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday so that she doesn't get stressed. The radiography is non-invasive, but she is immobilized by a mask and steel cage around her head, and she is very claustrophobic, so they don't want to overwhelm her for too long a period.

I printed all of your wonderful encouragement and took them for her to read, and she was very touched. I will see her again tomorrow, and will hopefully give you an update soon!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  9:16:08 PM  Show Profile
will be praying for your mom.hugs to you all.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  10:08:52 PM  Show Profile
Been thinking about you both today and praying and will continue to do so.
Praying for her as she goes through this. I too am challenged with clausterphobia, so will certainly be thinking about her!!!!!

Hugs to you both!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  05:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Good morning!

My mom had her first treatment yesterday, and it went well. We are expecting that today will be just as easy. The goal is to get her levels of seizure meds set and have her steady on her feet, then let her go home. The results of the treatment won't be known for two weeks.

Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes! They mean a lot to her and to her family.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  05:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kelly! I am so glad to hear it went well! I hope that in 2 weeks there is amazing news!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  05:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Oh, Linda and Kelly...I'm just now reading this topic. Many prayers and candle lit for you.
Pray for good news...glad it went well today.
luv and hugs to ya

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
May we always be in thankful contemplation.
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  05:50:20 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,
I went the same thing with my mom in 1999. We all face this challenge in different ways but if I can be of any help to you please e-mail me.
Be strong, get rest and have faith.
Love and prayers.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  06:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Glad it went well for her, Kelly. I'm adding my love and prayers to the rest.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  12:08:31 AM  Show Profile
so glad the treatment went well. I hope that things continue to improve for your mom. hugs to you both.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  05:37:30 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,
I'm just now reading this myself. Please know that y'all are in my prayers. I am glad that her first treatment went well. Hopefully she won't be too clausterphobic. Let us know if there's anything we can do!

Blessings!
~Farrah

http://oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  07:49:21 AM  Show Profile
Aren't doctors and modern medicine amazing sometimes? What hope for your mother's condition. So glad #1 went well and let's pray this good trend continues. Keep us posted please.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2907 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2907 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  07:54:17 AM  Show Profile
I am still thinking of her as a rose
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  6:30:47 PM  Show Profile
I just got a Christmas card from Linda. Is she back home now?

Kris
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  7:38:01 PM  Show Profile
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  7:50:22 PM  Show Profile
I got a card today from her.. I pray she is getting stronger and pray for total remission. Thanks Kelly for reporting updates. Give her a ((hug)) from us.. Take care of you too...

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  07:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Hello!

Wow...it has been interesting here! Mom was released Thursday afternoon to go home (YAY!!), which was great in one way, but not in another...we had an ice storm that cannot be described. We lost power in the night in a widespread area. My house has a small generator that we hooked up early Friday morning, so we were comfy cozy, but my parents' trailer didn't have any backup, so yesterday afternoon they came to stay at my house. We were able to order pizza from a small store in Johnsonville that was operating off a generator, and visited with each other until I dozed in the chair about 9:30. My husband refilled the generator and we all went to sleep. During the night (I believe it was around 2AM), the generator vibrated itself off our porch, and the carburetor flooded. Now we are down to a small kerosene heater. Mom is uncomfortable, but it is much better than freezing in her trailer!
Surrounding areas are getting power and internet back (I am at the library close by), but we are still waiting. Could be days, they tell us. Much as I wanted mom to come home, she would have been better off staying in the hospital...(sigh...)

When she gets home and gets some good rest, she should be signing on and letting you all know how she is. She was able to do some Christmas cards while she was in the hospital, and I know it was important to her.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  07:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kelly- I am sorry you all have been having such a rough time! Those oil lamps with the wicks put off a lot of heat too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  1:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Kelly, I received one of your wonderful mom's Christmas cards. I cried when I saw that she had signed it. I'm sorry the weather is not helping y'all out right now. I wouldn't be surprised though if your mom feels better being with her family than in the hospital, even though it's cold. Grab as many blankets as you can round up and make a bunch of soup and hot chocolate. We'll keep the prayers flying up to heaven.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  6:49:31 PM  Show Profile
Kelly,
So glad to hear that your Mom has been well enough to come home. That is a big step and I am sure that even though the power was out, it must have been a comfort to be able to be with you in a place comfortable and familiar to her. We are still praying good things for the both of you and trusting God to do a mighty work!
HUGS!!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  07:52:01 AM  Show Profile
I got her Christmas card this week, and have said a lot prayers for you both!

Ann in Oswego
http://suburbanprairiehouse.wordpress.com

Times may be tough, but farmgirls are tougher!

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  11:02:37 AM  Show Profile
I got my card this weekend and tears filled my eyes too when I saw she had signed it. Please give her a hug from me and let her know we are thinking of her.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  06:30:27 AM  Show Profile
Reading through this thread, and sending belated prayers to you....I hope your mom is getting stronger, and I hope the weather is better, too. How is everyone?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic For Friends of arose (Linda) update Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page