Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  12:46:50 PM  Show Profile
We saw so many little campers while spending the Thanksgiving holiday in PA. We didn't stop, but there were 2 really cute campers for sale leaving Cooks Forest State Park. We were traveling on 36 towards 4006. I made a mental note of the location for those of you who live near Tionesta or Oil City area. (Just in case you are looking for such a treasure along the road).

Returned home to MI to have a catalog I've never heard of before show up in the mail. sahalie. (also sahalie.com) There is a cute little red camper on the front of it. Seems these little treasures are showing up everywhere!

I'll post some new photos of our camper soon. We have done quite a bit since these photos were taken, but here's a peek....
http://picasaweb.google.com/FORRESTERFARM/VariousPhotos#

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
www.forresterfarm.etsy.com

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  08:21:38 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Ann, I was near Cooks Forest over Thanksgiving, too, about 7 miles north in Marienville...my parents live there and I was raised back there...what a small world!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  11:22:55 AM  Show Profile
Suzan, That is funny. My husband is from Mercer, PA. We met some other Mercer born friends who now live in Hanover. They have a little camp in the mountains near Tionesta. We love the get-away.

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
www.forresterfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

halfpintfarm
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

lisa
nc
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  7:11:18 PM  Show Profile
I am having my brother go and look to see if these campers are still there. Ann are your friends from Hanover PA? I grew up right outside of there and went camping at Deer Meadow in Cooks Forest all my life. My family still goes every summer holiday, I haven't been in years since we have moved out of state.

homeschooling mama trying to live my farm life dream on our half acre.
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  05:38:08 AM  Show Profile
This is just too funny that you girls know that area - I grew up there, home was Marienville. We live near Harrisburg now but go back there at least once a month. I NEVER run into people (even here in PA) that are familiar with that area!!
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Campers in PA near Cooks Forest Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page