Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Black Friday Shopping~ Did You Go??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Black Friday Shopping~ Did You Go?? Next Topic
Page: of 2

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  11:49:56 AM  Show Profile
I go so I can spend the day with my mom. It's the one time of the year my step dad isn't with us. It's so nice to be alone with her all day. We have the best time. We are gone all day. My hubby was home so he fed the pigs and gave the rest of the critters hay, so I didn't have to worry about getting home early to do that. We got home after dark. Had a great day together.

I went to church this morning and the preacher said there was a Walmart worker trampled to death that morning. It is so sad to hear things like that happening because of Christmas. It is getting to be so much about stuff anymore and not about the real meaning of Christmas. It's very sad. We didn't see anything like that where we went, thank goodness. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

I think I am finished except fot homemade things now.

I hope everyone had a great time with their families. I did. My hubby was not here for Thanksgiving day. He got home Friday morning in time to tell me hi and bye. That's the life of a truck driver though.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  12:00:10 PM  Show Profile
every year, the day after thanksgiving, i take the kids shopping---but i have to say, it's more people watching than actual shopping! we go to the mall, enjoy the decorations.... we'll do a little shopping (take advantage of some of those "specials") then we have a nice lunch. i guess it's just part of our tradition. my son came home from college and my daughter is in high school.....i suppose it's kind of like if i do the same thing every year, they won't totally grow up!!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  12:27:12 PM  Show Profile
We went to Madison, Ga and took a tour of the beautiful neighborhoods and popped into afew antique stores. I never venture near a shopping center on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I went one year with my mother and sister, and that was the first time I had ever done the early-morning-get-out-of-my-cozy-bed-and-fight-the-crowd day. Never again.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  12:34:48 PM  Show Profile
No shopping here. We spent 5 days in the mountains of PA with friends and stopped to see family on the way home to MI. Lots of laughing, sleeping, reading, eating, and game playing. No shopping except for the ice cream run that the husbands made. Love connecting with friends that we haven't seen in a while!

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
www.forresterfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  1:39:16 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by happymama58

No, no, and no, no, no

For good or bad, I've never, ever liked crowds (for the most part), so I've never been shopping on the day after Thanksgiving.

I'm right there with you on this subject! I did have the unfortunate circumstance to work for JoAnn's 3 years ago and EVERYONE was required to work the day after Thanksgiving. I was manning that cutting table that someone mentioned and yes, the line was over 3 HOURS long. I WILL NEVER, EVER, NO NEVER step into a JoAnn's on Black Friday again!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  1:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh Ann! Next year I want to go with you to the mountains of PA!!
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  7:25:30 PM  Show Profile
Nope didn't go either. The older Iget the less I like all the rushing and pushing. I was stunned at the Wal-Mart article. I thought the country was on a shopping moratorium - guess not .

Anyway, got my hair done, bought dog food, and found a coat at Marshall's. Been looking for ne that I like for a while, so I was pleased. Sis and I went to see AUSTRALIA, had dinner and stopped by Joanns. That's it.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  11:21:29 AM  Show Profile
Nope. We go out of town every Black Friday on purpose, and by 12:00 noon, were sitting by a roaring fire in a beautiful stone home from 1812, me knitting and dh reading. Didn't miss it one bit, in fact, never do (and I'm only in my 30's!!!)...we're not big store folks anyway--never have wanted much of anything from a Macy's or such, unless it's cookware :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Black Friday Shopping~ Did You Go?? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page