Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 how to stuff your parrot for the holidays
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic how to stuff your parrot for the holidays Next Topic  

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  10:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
i thought you animals lovers might appreciate this!
peace connie in alaska

How to stuff your parrot for the holidays
Author unknown
Ingredients:
• One turkey
• Corn pudding
• Green beans
• Stuffing
• Sweet potatoes
• Mashed potatoes with gravy
• Cranberry sauce
• Hot rolls
• Relish tray
• Pumpkin pie
• Whipped cream
• Hot coffee
Get up early in the morning & have a cup of coffee. It's going to be a long day, so place your Parrot on a perch nearby to keep you company while you prepare the meal.
Remove Parrot from kitchen counter and return him to perch.
Prepare stuffing, and remove Parrot from edge of stuffing bowl and return him to perch.
Stuff turkey & place it in the roasting pan, and remove Parrot from edge of pan and return him to perch. Have another cup of coffee to steady your nerves.
Remove Parrot's head from turkey cavity and return him to perch, and restuff the turkey.
Prepare relish tray, and remember to make twice as much so that you'll have a regular size serving after the Parrot has eaten his fill. Remove Parrot from kitchen counter and return him to perch.
Prepare cranberry sauce, discard berries accidentally flung to the floor by Parrot.
Peel potatoes, remove Parrot from edge of potato bowl and return him to perch.
Arrange sweet potatoes in a pan & cover with brown sugar & mini marshmallows. Remove Parrot from edge of pan and return him to perch. Replace missing marshmallows.
Brew another pot of coffee. While it is brewing, clean up the torn filter. Pry coffee bean from Parrot's beak. Have another cup of coffee & remove Parrot from kitchen counter and return him to perch.
When time to serve the meal:
Place roasted turkey on a large platter, and cover beak marks with strategically placed sprigs of parsley.
Put mashed potatoes into serving bowl, rewhip at last minute to conceal beak marks and claw prints.
Place pan of sweet potatoes on sideboard, forget presentation as there's no way to hide the areas of missing marshmallows.
Put rolls in decorative basket, remove Parrot from side of basket and return him to perch.
Remove beaked rolls, serve what's left.
Set a stick of butter out on the counter to soften -- think better and return it to the refrigerator.
Wipe down counter to remove mashed potato claw tracks. Remove Parrot from kitchen counter and return him to perch.
Cut the pie into serving slices. Wipe whipped cream off Parrot's beak and place large dollops of remaining whipped cream on pie
slices.
Whole slices are then served to guests, beaked-out portions should be reserved for host & hostess.
Place Parrot inside cage & lock the door.
Sit down to a nice relaxing dinner with your family -- accompanied by plaintive cries of "WANT DINNER!" from the other room.
Happy Holidays!!

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  10:46:56 PM  Show Profile
I love that. I don't have a parrot, but I do love it!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Laura Marie #369
lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  07:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL! Oh my gosh that is too funny! I can certainly see that. Though I must admit. The power of a parrot's beak scares me a bit so I don't think I will ever own one!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  08:27:13 AM  Show Profile
ROFLOL!!
But if it were me, I would have put the parrot in his cage from the beginning, lol.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Again new creations added, too cute lol. Come and check it out!!
http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

frolicnfibers
True Blue Farmgirl

668 Posts

Diana
White City Oregon
USA
668 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  10:55:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh my, that was great! LOL!

Diana

Please come visit my animals and my Etsy store on my new blog!
http://www.frolicnfibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MuslinBunnies
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Tina
Franklin NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  1:07:58 PM  Show Profile
That was so funny! I can just imagine my mother's parrots getting into all that trouble!

Tina A.

My Website: http://muslinbunnies.tripod.com/
My Button Quail Site: http://groups.google.com/group/button-quail-planet
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  2:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
i do keep my parrtos in tier cages while cookign or eating. one day i was eating and one of my oockatiels decided to stick his head INTO my mouth to get at what i was eating! talk about a weird feeling! he almost lost his head on that one lol. good thing for him i am not ozzie ozborne! since then they all (big guys and little guys) are in their cages while i eat dinner. my blue front anazon will actually take treats out of my mouth when she gets a chance! lol
peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  1:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
LOVE IT, Connie! I just read it outloud to my dh and our cockatoo, Angel(wrong name for THAT bird!) LOL!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  1:30:04 PM  Show Profile
This is too funny! I don't have any birds but still could envision the drama unfolding in this kitchen. What a patient bird owner!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  3:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
janice, did angel get the message?? they are such precious, and destructive, critters!
peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  07:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I read it to her, Connie. But I just don't think she ever gets the message. It usually goes Angel's way. LOL! She loves to chase me around and when she catches me on my shoe(I wear tall shoes with steel toes most of the time.) I shake her around and scream 'HELP, crazy bird!", then she lets go and laughs like a banshee and struts around waving her wings! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  07:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Too funny! I have a neighbor with a cockatoo... I'll have to share this with her. I babysat a parrot for a few months...cured me. Too smart. Hats off to you ladies! We do have a parakeet...so not the same...whew! :)

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  10:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
rotfl! i can just see here doing that! sadly most of my fids (feathered kids) are not "touchable"
they are all rescues who have been abused/neglected my goal is to someday be able to hold my timneh as he was only 2 when we got him and totally untouchable! we can now scritch his head, when HE wants it, thru the top of the cage. i have scars all over my hands from these guys but its so worth it to see them come out of their protective shells!
michelle, i have a parakeet and believe me she has put as many scars on my hands as the big guys!
peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

mothergoose
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Richere
tiverton rhodeiland
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  2:08:26 PM  Show Profile
Well that was worth the read! I do admire your patience.The bird would have been in the cage at the first misshap.Although I am sure I put up with things you would not .Thank God for diversity we all have our own way of dealing with this world but patience and good humor go a long way as you so drolly pointed out! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  12:16:21 PM  Show Profile
that was the funniest story and we're way passed Thanksgiving. I could just imagine the whole story.. thank you for sharing...

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic how to stuff your parrot for the holidays Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page