Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Farmgirl Fantasy Come True!(I hear wedding bells)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Farmgirl Fantasy Come True!(I hear wedding bells) Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  2:41:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello To all my farmgirl friends~
I'm excited to announce that Emil and I are engaged to be married. He proposed this weekend in the old schoolhouse (totally farmgirl style!) I'm over the top with excitement! I would love some words of wisdom from my farmgirl friends. We are thinking about a winter wedding next year so if anyone has any great ideas let me know. RachelLeigh you too!! I would love to hear all about your winter wedding. Oh life can't get any better!! I’m just so in love with that man! Hugs and Kisses ~Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  3:14:18 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Kate and Emil! We just attended and outdoor wedding on Friday and I was thinking how beautiful winter weddings are. I'm sure you will enjoy planning the day and we will all enjoy hearing about those plans...putting in our two cent's worth!Blessings to you both!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  3:25:19 PM  Show Profile
How exciting Kate!! this means WE get to keep you!! Hooray! Lucky Emil too!! How exciting!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  4:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh My!! How exciting!! I'm so happy for you guys! Sweet Blessings.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  4:25:23 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Kate! Winter weddings are wonderful...so beautiful. I'm so happy for you. Love,Luzy

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  5:01:51 PM  Show Profile

These two are just too cute! Here's a little peek at Emil's proposal to Kate! By the time she took the blind fold off and noticed the Christmas lights said "marry me?", he was down on one knee.

They are so perfectly suited for each other. We are all a buzz around here! Such excitement and so much love in the air. A wonderful winter wedding to plan!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  5:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Kate .. so many blessings and happiness to you you and Emil. A winter wonderland wedding will be blissful. Dear photos of you two little love-birds .. and what a sweet, sweet forever memory of your proposal. Follow Your Bliss! xo, Frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  6:03:04 PM  Show Profile
Kate -- congratulations to you and Emil! The photos are so precious -- brings tears to my eyes. You are a lucky gal to have such a romantic guy. I think a winter wedding would be wonderful. Although if you did it during Farm Fair then we could all be there -- just kidding!

The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  6:04:38 PM  Show Profile
Great pictures! I'd like to send my congratulations, too!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  6:49:39 PM  Show Profile
Romantic, romantic, romantic! Congratulations! And thanks for the pictures so we could all enjoy the occasion. MaryJane, you are going to have a new daughter!

Oh, and why don't you get married in the schoolhouse? The lights could then read I DO!

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"

Edited by - jpbluesky on Dec 05 2005 6:51:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  7:52:05 PM  Show Profile
OH Kate!! How wonderful! Congratulations to you both! May you both be richly blessed by each other and your journey together. Emil, that's the sweetest proposal I've seen in a long time! Just makes you smile...well, love always does!

hugs to the bride and groom!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  8:06:10 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I've been married for 48 hours now and I couldn't be happier! I wish you the very best of luck! Email me and I can tell you about my small little winter ceremony! Congratulations!!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  9:17:32 PM  Show Profile
Katie girl, great news! You and Emil are such a cute couple! I love the photos. Now, let's see, if we all get to work, we'll have aprons made, soaps made, maybe put together a cookbook of farmgirl recipies...aw, sure there's plenty of time. Woo hoo!!

Love,
Patricia

Hey, if I was licensed in Idaho I could perform the ceremony, too, lol!!!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  11:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Congatulations Miss Kate. Wow, what a surprise, you lucky girl. I have been married for nearly 30 years and I am STILL waiting to be asked!!I never had a proper request, just handed a box with a ring in it!My husband scores a 2% in the romance dept, but a 100% in the love and patience dept.I wish you both nothing but joy...

Hey, we can have a farm girl shower by mail!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  05:07:14 AM  Show Profile
Kate-congratulations to you and Emil! :)

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  05:14:04 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Kate and Emil! I'm sure you'll both be very happy. And the planning of a wedding over the next year is a great way to work on handling disagreements, so you'll be working on those marriage skills! Just kidding, I'm sure you both will have a fun and happy year planning.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  05:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
awwww y'all are just too TOO sweet together! Many, MANY Blessings and much Bliss!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  06:00:15 AM  Show Profile
Blessings to you and Emil. I am a romantic and the pictures put a huge smile on my face. Please keep us posted and send pictures. All of you feel like family to me and thank you for including us in your happiness.
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  07:33:54 AM  Show Profile
Congrats~~ What a romantic setting..Great pics! Best wishes and much happiness to you both~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  08:59:08 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for your warm wishes!! You gals are all so sweet!! Emil and I are really excited to start planning this coming year. Thanks for all the farmgirl support!!~Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  09:13:04 AM  Show Profile
Emil and Kate,
Here is a big Congratulations!
From Rodney and me.
Huggs and Kisses to you both
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

The Pinup Cowgirl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Holly
Tacoma WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2005 :  11:41:44 AM  Show Profile
Congrats!!
Emil gets a 10 for great idea and execution!! At 22, I have three friend's weddings to go too next year, with several others that I know of and his proposal was up there on the romantic factor!!
I hope you two will have many wonderful years together (we all know you'll be well fed!)
Holly Anne
P.S. I love the hat from the pictures. I think I need one....

"We can do no great things; only small things with great love."
-Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2005 :  11:50:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh thanks Holly~
Two of my friends were married last summer but I'm the first of my close friends to get married. Megan has lots of weddings she is going to. It's so exciting picking things out and coming up with ideas for a winter wedding. I'm going to need lots of help. This weekend we are going to Seattle to tell the family over there. I'm very excited. Thanks for all the kind posts and sweet wishes they mean so much to Emil and I. ~ Love,Kate
PS The hat is totally cute. We also have pink ones with brown writing or an olive color too. We're selling them now!! All you need to do is call us at the farm to place an order. They make great Christmas gifts Every farmgirl needs one!!

Go to Top of Page

The Pinup Cowgirl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Holly
Tacoma WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2005 :  11:59:37 AM  Show Profile
I bet you've got a lot of planning started already. One of my roommates is getting married in May, and she just found her dress (which is perfect for her too!! It's so exciting to see all of the details coming together. You're very lucky to have such a great place for a wedding (assuming you're having it on the farm). My roomie is from Alaska, as is her fiance, and they're searching throughout the area for a great place to do it. Can't wait to hear for more details. Weddings are my absolute favorite event and it's even better when you're apart of the person's life.
P.S. I might have to show mom to these postings for a Christmas gift for me *cough**cough*...

"We can do no great things; only small things with great love."
-Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2005 :  12:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Duly noted, Miss Pin Up. Love, Santa
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2005 :  2:29:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kate, Congratulations to you both! What a wonderful time of year to be engaged. My middle daughter just found the love of her life and though a proposal is still in the distance, the anticapation is marvelous! Many blessings to you. Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Farmgirl Fantasy Come True!(I hear wedding bells) Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page