5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  10:33:10 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone ever made bent willow furniture or rustic wood furniture from whatever they can find?
Let me know, My Dh and I are just starting, as he is not working....

Farmgirl Sister #368
Please visit my new blog....We are looking at the question..."Are we as women really created to be his Helpmeet?"
http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com

flatheadlakegirl
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Marilyn
Polson MT
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  4:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I have used "Making Bent Willow Furniture" by Brenda & Briann Cameron as well as "Making Bent Wood Trellis, arbor, Gates & Fences" by Jim Long. These are both published by Storey Publishing. You should be abel to get them at your local independent bookstore. Good Luck
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  10:36:44 PM  Show Profile
I adore willow furniture...about 15 years ago I had all my living room furnished with it. Moved into a smaller home when Steve and I got married and most of it went out to the garden..and only lasted about 5 years outside. I do have a couple small peices still. I have the book mentioned above (first one) it really is a good one for basic instruction!..and another one too. Someday I would like to make some too. Good luck...and lucky you..you will have awesome stuff!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  09:03:44 AM  Show Profile
I'm sitting here at the library reading this and it just so happens I have a DVD sitting next to me called "How To Build A Willow Chair". That's all it says...no names, nothing else, but the call number is 684.18. I think those are uniform in all libraries. It might be local as far as I know. If I get more info on the source after watching it, I'll let you know.
Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  03:50:37 AM  Show Profile
Check out Ralph Kylloe rustic furniture books and web sites.Lot's of inspirations.
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  3:40:10 PM  Show Profile
Brenda and Brian Cameron are from the Idaho City area, they live about 3 miles from town on Highway 21. I have done some sewing for her and she gave me a copy of their book as a gift. There are some good ones out there besides theirs. I would love to try to make some, used to be at the Arts and Crafts Fair there was always someone with chairs and loveseats and other cool stuff. I haven't seen any lately though yet I still love it. Good luck and post some pictures when you start making it. I would love to see it!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Making willow furniture? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page