Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Question for moms about children's toys
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Question for moms about children's toys Next Topic  

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  08:43:01 AM  Show Profile
Marketing research: I'm trying to figure out what types of toys to carry in the store. I'm not a parent, and don't have any parent friends, so I'm wondering what toys to carry this holiday season. I only carry American Made toyys, so I am very limited and have to choose carefully because they are a bit more expensive.

What types of childrens toys are you looking for this year for christmas?

Are things like simple wooden push and pulls, and wooden blocks still popular?

Would something like a little wooden train set be appealing to a boy?

Any input would be greatly apreciated.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  08:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, Yes, Yes! I am trying to get the plastic out of our house. We have been the recipient of many lovely donations into Nora's toy chest, and with a few exceptions, the things she plays with most are the natural toys. We have made a big effort to make sure she has lots of wooden blocks, lots of dollies and stuffed animals. We don't have a push pull yet, but she does have a wooden duckie on wheels that has a pull cord.

Nora loves her one play car, so I think a wooden train track and train/ wooden farm truck/tractors would be great.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  09:07:19 AM  Show Profile
yay! One vote FOR the natural toys.
Go to Top of Page

chandasue
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

20 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  09:47:30 AM  Show Profile
My 2 yo son plays endlessly with his wooden train set, wooden blocks and wooden barn with the animals. The plastic stuff sits in the bottom of the toy box and rarely sees the light of day. The only other things he really plays with are hotwheels cars and a kickball. We read tons of books and do lots of art projects like painting, markers, cut and paste colored construction paper, and homemade playdough.
Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  11:31:38 AM  Show Profile
Types of toys we like are definitely blocks-blocks of a sorts. Lincoln logs , wooden blocks, wooden blocks with plexi stained windows, architectural blocks. The little wooden people cars and trains to make towns. Those blocks that you build a tower and shoot marbles down the holes. Tea set for playing picnic with homemade friends and puppets. . . I could go on but the idea is toys that you can use your imagination are our favorite.
Two sites that I like for toy ideas (they've got other great stuff to!) are:
www.lehmans.com and www.duluthtrading.com-On their web page Santa's playing with the Marble Blocks; It seems to be everyone's favorite!

Jessi Lynn
Oh I almost forgot! Little Girls like wooden trains too!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  12:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
and www.magiccabin.com is another good natural toy resource to gauge what is selling right now

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  3:16:45 PM  Show Profile
I know in our home and even in our area (lots of Amish Stores) Melissa and Doug are big sellers and they are mostly wood toys and puzzles. We generally lean towards educational toys with some point to them!!! Good luck with your store!
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Question for moms about children's toys Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page