Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Turkey Stuffing Next Topic  

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  01:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
For years I've made a turkey stuffing that my sons are crazy for. Thought I'd share the recipe with all of you. I hope if you try it your family will enjoy it too. I like to do the prep work the night before so it can cool thoroughly. Then Thanksgiving morning all I have to do is assemble the prepared ingredients and stuff the bird. This will stuff a 14 to 20 lb. bird.

Sausage stuffing:

1 lg. bag of stuffing croutons ( I like seasoned)
1 lg. yellow onion diced
1 cup of chopped celery
1 can of french onion soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of celery soup
1 can of chicken broth
2 whole eggs
1 to 2 lbs of ground pork sausage, fried and drained. May substitute hamburger if you prefer.

Fry the sausage the night before and place in paper towel lined bowl to absorb oils. Cover and refrigerate. Chop veggies night before and place in zip lock bags or covered bowls and refrigerate till morning. You can open all cans of soup and place in large covered mixing bowl till morning.
Thanksgiving: Mix eggs, croutons, meat, soups, chopped veggies together. Add your choice of seasonings if you've bought unseasoned croutons. Stuff the turkey cavity after salting the inside of the turkey. Roast turkey per instructions on turkey packaging at required temp/time per pound. Once turkey is done, remove stuffing from cavity and place in serving bowl. Enjoy!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  05:59:25 AM  Show Profile
just printed it out! this sounds interesting....usually i just use chicken broth to make it moist....i do like to add sausage to my stuffing, too....but the cream soups are really different. thanks for the recipe! sue
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  06:06:20 AM  Show Profile
Wow, this sounds great! I love stuffing...
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Turkey Stuffing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page