True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  04:35:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering, does anyone know of any grants or programs available for women who are in business?

I wish I could find a way to get my business out there more also, but we are in tough times now. Advertising is expensive. Whats a girl to do?

thanks
Connie

http://site.naturemaiden.com/blog1/
Also visit my online store @ www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products, including soaps, salves, salts, lip balms, lotion bars, and much more!

Edited by - naturemaiden on Nov 20 2008 04:42:15 AM

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  11:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Have you talked to your Small Business Administration for your state? They should have all that kind of information and should be able to offer other help as well.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sweetpeas
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Nancy
Silt CO
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  06:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Sweetpeas a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by naturemaiden

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering, does anyone know of any grants or programs available for women who are in business?

I wish I could find a way to get my business out there more also, but we are in tough times now. Advertising is expensive. Whats a girl to do?

Your Current customers start building a customer database. Gathering customer information Name, address, phone,email, add an address book or guest book for customers to sign, make it fun.
New customers by a simple referral program . Current customer get a "free"??? for a referral. You can send out Post card mailers or email the offer.

"We deliver the perfect sentiments with fresh flowers"Sweet Peas Gardens & Flowers www.sweetpeasgardens-n-flowers.com
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  10:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
I know of some pretty inexpensive online targeted advertising sources. By inexpensive, I mean less than $6.00 a month. Depending upon the niches you choose, you could reach a lot of people. Also, I know of some "exchanges" where you don't even spend money. Yes, you spend some time, but hey... you have to invest to reap in anything you do.

Send me a PM and I'll provide links for you.

Shari Thomas

From the "middle of nowhere" Beryl, Utah. Our farm is nearly complete with 3 horses, 6 ewes, a cow and heifer calf, 19 chickens, 5 dogs and four country gals. I blog about it at http://sharithomas.com
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Grants for women Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page