Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 cards for soldiers in hospital
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic cards for soldiers in hospital Next Topic  

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  7:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Holiday mail program for servicemembers under way
The American Red Cross is sponsoring a national "Holiday Mail for Heroes" campaign to receive and distribute holiday cards to servicemembers and veterans both in the United States and abroad.

Holiday Mail for Heroes, which began Tuesday, Veterans Day, is a follow-up to the 2007 effort that resulted in the collection and distribution of more than 600,000 cards to hospitalized servicemembers. This year's program will expand its reach to not only wounded servicemembers but also veterans and their families. The goal is to collect and distribute 1 million pieces of holiday mail.

"As we enter this holiday season-a time to celebrate with family and friends-it's important to remember the thousands of men and women who serve our nation in harm's way and those who are recovering in military and veterans hospitals," said Army Col. Norvell V. Coots, commander, Walter Reed Health Care System. "The Holiday Mail for Heroes program is a wonderful outreach effort and a great way to acknowledge the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform."

Holiday cards should be mailed to:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD. 20791-5456

All cards must be postmarked no later than Dec. 10. Cards should not be mailed or delivered to Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

For more information www.redcross.org/holidaymail for Holiday Mail for Heroes program guidelines.

NOTE: Walter Reed is not accepting mail addressed to "A Recovering American Soldier."

Article Week 11/14/2008

Edited by - yarnmamma on Nov 19 2008 5:31:11 PM

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  7:23:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for the information. REMEMBER FELLOW FARM GIRLS... even if you don't agree with the war...WE MUST STAND BY OUR TROOPS. They are just doing their job...following orders.
Great idea Linda!!!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  7:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
This is the same info that was put in Holidays...thanks to her for this.

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Yes! I live in the Scranton, PA that Vice President elect Joe Biden and also the Clinton family is from. Bill and Hilary come often.

Edited by - yarnmamma on Nov 19 2008 06:47:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  06:27:44 AM  Show Profile
Umm, looks like the addresses in the two postings are the same. What is incorrect here???

Puzzled, katie

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  06:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
it's correct now...I copied/pasted her info because I couldn't delete this topic. :=P

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Yes! I live in the Scranton, PA that Vice President elect Joe Biden and also the Clinton family is from. Bill and Hilary come often.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  4:34:14 PM  Show Profile
Linda, thanks for posting this here too. Would you edit the original post to let everyone know the actual card guidelines are at the Red Cross link (they are screened before delivery).

Thanks again,
Jennifer

Farmgirl Sister #204

Edited by - JenniferJuniper on Nov 19 2008 4:37:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  5:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Jennifer...is this what you mean? I'm not sure what you are asking.
Let me know, ok?

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  6:58:44 PM  Show Profile
Yep - I just want to be sure the guidelines were easy to find so no one's cards would be undelieverable because they unknowingly put their personal address inside the card or included something like a photo inside the card, etc.

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic cards for soldiers in hospital Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page