Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 MaryJane's Magazine Oct/Nov
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic MaryJane's Magazine Oct/Nov Next Topic  

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  06:56:18 AM  Show Profile
I just got my first issue of MaryJane's Magazine. I thought I would take a "look see". Very good. I think I am going to go see if I can find an old pair of ice skates and do the Christmas skates they show in the magazine - those are cool.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  07:04:52 AM  Show Profile
Try the recipes in there while you're at it. I've made several of them & they were delicious. The best part was they were quick and easy too!

I loved the ice skates & wish I had the talent to paint a pair to hang on my front door for the winter Good luck finding ones for your house.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  07:33:54 AM  Show Profile
Which reminds me, if any farmgirl out there has a pair of old skates - child or adult that they want to get rid of I will be happy to purchase them for this project.

Anne in Portland Or

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  08:49:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Anne,
I have several old pair . . . both in black and in white. I would just want $2.00 plus the price of shipping . . . the $2.00 is just to cover my time and gas shipping them. Let me know if you are interested and if so, which color you prefer. I have hung ice skates with red gingham ribbon for "lacecs" and greenery on my front porch for years. I like the fact that they are more of a winter decoration, so they can stay up through February. Let me know! Thanks!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  11:01:52 AM  Show Profile
Brenda -

I will e-mail you tonight when I get home and we will discuss. Probably the white pair and I am sure you will need more then $2 for your time and gas.

I'll e-mail later.

Thanks
Anne

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  4:56:49 PM  Show Profile
Brenda -

Okay, I e-mailed you about shipping costs, etc. When I get them painted I will post pictures. I like the poinsettias in the magazine, however I think I want to do a picture either a chickadee or a tufted tit (little bird) on a branch with red berries and some ice. Saw a photo of something like this and can't seem to get it out of my mind. Definitely it will be a winter theme.

Like I said in my e-mail I haven't done a painting project for quite some time and am very excited to try the skates.

Anne in Portland, OR

Edited by - asnedecor on Nov 17 2008 4:58:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MaryJane's Magazine Oct/Nov Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page