K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  08:38:44 AM  Show Profile
Well my favorite is Coffee.. and I love a dark roast, usually a French or Sumatra roast, No flavored stuff.... We grind our beans...Have to have it strong enough to add (fat free) 1/2 & 1/2 creamer. Must be good & hot to drink.. Starts my day off! I drink only or two Large cups each morning....

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  08:45:20 AM  Show Profile
COFFEE for me too. My Senseo coffee maker is my best friend, lol.2 Cups of HOT coffee with a little fat free cream in the morning and 2 in the eve. Sometimes 2 in the afternoon too IF I have company (and sometimes when I am alone too, duh)

Like tea too, I just bought a new kind, new to me at least: Caramel tea. Will try it in a minute.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  08:50:47 AM  Show Profile
Drinking my coffee now : ). I have not tired grinding our own. I love tea too, ice tea has gotten me away from drinking colas this summer, I am free from Pepsi : ).

Nice cup of hot tea in the cooler months. Gotta add hot cocoa too : )

I would like to try some of those dandelion roots that Mary Jane shares about in her book. A sub for coffee.

Have a good week coming up.

Linda
Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  08:53:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, hot chocolate! Yummo.
I never liked it until just recently I found out I can also make them in my Senseo, lol. A new gadget and the bigger things to put in them and instant hot yummo chocolate!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  09:08:21 AM  Show Profile
While I'm a coffee drinker usually (had my first cup at age 3), I like chai tea - you know the tea with all the spices. An iced chai latte in the summer is so refreshing and very healthy, too. As for my coffee, I used to only drink it hot, but I'm converted to iced coffee now. And the flavors, too. Favorite is coconut, 2nd favorite is a tie between cinnamon vanilla and caramel cream. I also like eggnog and southern pecan. Usually I get them as white mochas (white chocolate powder instead of cocoa). MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........

Ann in Oswego

Times may be tough, but farmgirls are tougher!

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  10:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Both and hot cocoa too! Lately I have been drinking coffee a lot. I bought some Foldgers Chocolate Truffle and it is REALLY good. I have to watch my caffine though so I only have it a few times a week and even then only during the cold months. I also enjoy a good cup of decaf herbal tea and hot cocoa on occasion.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  10:27:00 AM  Show Profile
hmmm...coffee first thing in the morning (colombian or french roast) 1 cup then usually decaf green iced tea the rest of the day. I think i want to try grinding the beans myself..it sounds like it would mean so much more flavor....

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  10:29:32 AM  Show Profile
oh and i forgot...i use 4 drops of liquid sweetnlow and about a Tbsp or 2 of WHIPPING CREAM ...hey..it's not a diet thing...it just tastes so good...and at one cup per day..it shouldn't be too bad for me..I may go back to sugar or honey tho for the sweetener....and I LOVE Chai Lattes...

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  10:35:50 AM  Show Profile
Coffee for morning - something dark and full bodied, but I drink it with half and half. I haven't been able to do black coffee since I was pregnant - it made me sick then and I never got it back.
I love tea too, but more for evening, except on Sunday afternoons when we make a pot of Market Spice tea from Pike Street market in Seattle.
I have tried to stop drinking coffee a couple times, I just can't do it.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  10:37:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh and we grind our beans as well. Last night our new(last year) grinder gave out - fortunately we had a backup bag of ground French roast in the freezer, we live 30 miles from the closest coffee grinder retail establishment. Could have been tragic

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  10:39:25 AM  Show Profile
LOL tragic indeed!

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  10:52:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah.. for sure..A tragedy. keep a bag ground around for Emergencies girlfriend...Nothing better than fresh ground...
My step daughter works at a roaster in Monroe Washington, so she keeps her dad in supply of french roast or Fogger roast. She send him 10Lb bag like four times a year. We rebag it and shrink wrap it. We also purchase Starbucks at Costco whole bean &freeze it in smaller bags. SIL worked as a Starbucks barista in Seattle for a few yeaars and he told me Not to freeze it but I do ... I can't tell the difference if the beans have been frozen or just stored in airtight vacumn sealed bags...

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

StephB
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Stephanie
Alcove Quebec
Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  11:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see StephB's MSN Messenger address
For me its alllll about tea-I love it!
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  12:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
ooo I love both, I have to not overdo it on caffeine though cause it affects me badly. I love flavored or cafe au lait and any type of tea usually, the more relaxing/exotic the better! I have yet to try some of those tea flowers......

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  3:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Mine is absolutely coffee! I could drink it all day long!!! I grind my own beans and I drink decaf!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  4:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Coffee. I do it half decaf and half reg. I have drank it reg. but my heart starts skipping , so am trying to go fully decaf. I cannot quit drinking coffee, so decaf is good for me.

Does anyone use the fair-trade shade grown organic? It's expensive, but so good.

I do like a good cup of hot peppermint tea with honey. I have done the dandilion tea. My dad always had us kids go out and pick the flowers and he'd steep them in hot water. Then strain and add honey. It is so good. My grandkids love it, too.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  4:11:40 PM  Show Profile
I used to be a coffee girl, but it seems like after I drink it I don't feel good . . . not the acid or anything, I just get a headache and feel generally yucky. So I just do it once in a while and mostly do tea. My favorite is Good Earth. It has wonderful cinnammon and cloves type spices and is naturally sweet because of papaya. I made iced tea with it when we had a farmgirl gathering at MaryJanes and she loved it. I have to admit, just good old fashioned hot cocoa with miniature marshmallows every now and then makes my heart sing . . . reminds me of wintery days after school when my mama would fix me a nice hot mug of it, along with fresh baked cookies.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  5:39:29 PM  Show Profile
Clay and I went on an Eco-Tour of Costa Rica last year and while there toured a coffee plantation. Cafe'Brit they produce a fair-trade shade grown organic coffee. The whole tour was very interesting. Costa Rican coffee is very Mild and smooth tasting. I prefer a French Press to brew my coffee..

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  6:20:36 PM  Show Profile
Coffee is my favourite. I'm so looking forward to Starbuck's Eggnog Lattes. I try to buy Fair trade as much as I can, it's only fair the farmers deserve to earn a living wage. I have two favourite companies Kicking Horse Coffee and Salt Spring Island Coffee (both Canadian).

However I do love a good herbal tea, my favourites are chamomile/lavendar (which I make in BIG batches by myself) and India Spice (by Yogi Teas).
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  6:26:37 PM  Show Profile
I do not like the taste of coffee but the smell is heaven. It reminds me of my Grandparents house on the mornings I got to sleep over. My Grandmother would perk the coffee for my Grandfather before he went to work. What a memory. I love to drink Chai Tea. I use David Rio sugar free spice. I even have my husband drinking this.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  7:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey AnneMarie, I had a Eggnog Latte @ Starbucks on Friday.

I so enjoy my 1 cup of coffee in the mornings and then I drink both green & black teas through out the day depending on my mood.
As for Chi tea, I keep a canister of "Oregon Chi" in my pantry along w/gourmet hot cocoa mixes...one to try is the Hazelnut Chocolate cocoa...sold at Cost Plus-World Market.
Ok, now that I have read all these posts, I need to go make myself a nice hot cup of cocoa, yep w/marshmellows!
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 16 2008 7:04:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  7:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies!
So I'm a so to be manager at Starbucks. Been with the company for 2 1/2 years. I love coffee. I drink it in every form. iced, hot, shots of espresso. When I have to get up in the morning and that is the 1st place I have to be it's hard to say that I am not addicted. When I am off or don't have to be to work 1st thing in the morning you better believe that I brew a fresh cup of coffee. I like it bold, but I am also a sweet person who likes to doctor it up. I like pairing my coffee with food. Different food brings out different flavors in your coffee. Something to keep in mind. My favorit holiday drink is the gindersnap latte. It has actual crystalize ginger on top and as it falls through your drink it disolves and then at the bottom you have extra chuncks of ginger.
As for grinding your own coffee it is fresher when you do that!
Yummy...i think i want a cup right now!
Laura Marie #369
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  06:16:12 AM  Show Profile
Ooh. Good old Unsweetend Iced Tea with a half pack of sweet n' low and a slice of lemon. Or hot tea. But I do like a heavy scoop of Coffe Ice Cream!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  11:35:46 AM  Show Profile
Looks like coffee is the clear winner here. I used to drinks tons of it but the the caffeine started affecting me. So I switched to decaf. Alas, the acid started bothering me. So I switched to tea, PG tea to be precise. Now I can have 2 cups first thing in the morning and if it's a busy day I might be able to squeeze another cup in before 1:00. Anytime after that and I'm up all night! Sigh...

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  1:24:51 PM  Show Profile
I love both coffee and tea, and oh yes my hot cocoa when it's cold outside!

For the ultimate hot cocoa experience, add a bit of peppermint schnapps or peppermint oil...yuuuuummmy!

Audrey, there are lots of teas out there that are naturally caffeine free. My favorite is peppermint, but I also enjoy a cup of chammomile.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  1:32:31 PM  Show Profile
I don't know why but I can drink Coffee *not decaf* right up to the time I slip my feet under the blankets. I had a coffee shop years ago and acquired the taste for coffee when I was in my 20's. I only drink one BIG cup in the mornings and throughout the day I can drink another. I do drink Tea hot & cold in between.. and Coke Zero.
No wonder i get so much done.. Ha!

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Coffee or tea? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page