Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Jane Watson Hopping - The Pioneer Lady's Country C
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Jane Watson Hopping - The Pioneer Lady's Country C Next Topic  

McKenzie Mist
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Bev
Walterville Oregon
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2005 :  10:15:58 PM  Show Profile
It's time to bring out the Christmas books and one of my favorite books this time of year is Jane Watson Hopping's "The Pioneer Lady's Country Christmas" (Old-Fashioned Recipes and Memories of Christmas Past). It is one of those books that you just curl up in front of the fire and get lost in. I understand she has at least one other Pioneer Lady book but I haven't had the pleasure of finding it yet. Have any of you?

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2005 :  04:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Hi Bev! Thank you for the suggestion - I just requested a copy at my local library. Looking forward to reading it.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2005 :  05:27:03 AM  Show Profile
The other books are:

Pioneer Lady's Country Kitchen: A Seasonal Treasury

Country Mothers Cookbook

Pioneer Lady's Hearty Winter Cookbook

The Lazy Days of Summer Cookbook

If you do a search of just her name they all pop up and appear to be available from different vendors. I have the Christmas and Seasonal Treasury and love them both!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

KimC
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

kimberly
WV
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2005 :  7:04:01 PM  Show Profile
I love the Pioneer Lady Christmas cookbook as well.I was doing a search for her books when I found this sight.
If you are interested in buying Jane Watson Hopping's other books they have them for sale on Amazon. The prices run from $3.00 to $25.00. When I get a few extra dollars I am looking forward to buying more of her books. The Christmas one I have I brought at a yard sale for a dollar what a great treasure I got.
Go to Top of Page

McKenzie Mist
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Bev
Walterville Oregon
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2005 :  10:56:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kim! Wow - only $1.00 for the Pioneer Lady's Christmas cookbook - you hit a gold mine :) Bargains are so much fun!!!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  07:53:47 AM  Show Profile
I have the Country Mother's cookbook and enjoy it so much!!!

Molly
http://mollymaequilts.tripod.com
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2005 :  04:06:41 AM  Show Profile
I have the same one that MollyMae has. I found it at an antique store where they have a section of just books presumably bought at estate sales, and it was a bargain. I just picked it up to read last night, and I'm enchanted! Now I need the others.
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2005 :  04:26:18 AM  Show Profile
Woohoo!!! I just got all the others off of Amazon! Thanks so much for mentioning the titles. It's so ironic that I'd just picked up this book to look at it last night for the first time, and was enchanted. And then Bramble tells us there are others....

I'm so stoked! Thanks, Bramble!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2005 :  08:56:48 AM  Show Profile
The copy I ordered from the library came in. I get to go pick it up today. Yeah!

The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Jane Watson Hopping - The Pioneer Lady's Country C Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page