Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  5:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I worked so hard to get the house in decent shape and these past few days I have been experiencing a burn out. I always get like this once the worst of the mess is conquered. I think it is because I can't see huge viable differences anymore. I also am a bit frustrated that Doug didn't put away dinner last night so the left overs that were supposed to be lunch today were ruined.

So ladies! I need a good old fashioned kick in the pants! Any encouraging words that will help me get off the couch and get 'er done?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  5:09:00 PM  Show Profile
I always love to sit down and know that the house is clean, even if I can't obviously see it. I know it is there. Next time you clean, do something that will make a difference in your vision. Rearrange something, declutter it, anything that will tell you a difference was made. I scour the sink, and then go and look at the whiteness and feel good. Also, I try not to do it all at once. Each day I say, what do I feel like doing today? Maybe it is laundry, maybe it's vaccuming, perhaps it is sweeping the porch and making it look nice. But over a week's time, it all gets done. Taking the fingerprints off a glass door, little things, make a house look really clean. I hope you do not let it overwhelm you by trying to do too much at once. That is when burnout occurs. Keep at it a little each day by doing what strikes you for the moment. It will all get done that way. Keep at it, lil lady! I am sure it looks wonderful.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  7:13:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Alee - I have spent about the last 4 years working/going to school/being a mom etc. The house-cleaning would build up till my days off, then I would spend hours cleaning, only to see the mess begin to accumulate immediately. Then this year I decided I wanted my days off to be relaxing so I thought I would clean a little each day, well I would put that off and then be tired after dinner and the house continued to be messy, even messier and I couldn't stand sitting in it. This week I decided to try a different program and so far it is working. As soon as I get home, before I sit down but after I say hello to the kid/dog/cat and check messages, I get out the vacuum and spot-vacuum, then I fill a bucket with cleaner and go around and spot-clean wherever there are messes - I did this even though I had just cleaned the day before. I had decided that I would spend no more than half an hour, so if there is time left I work on something else. Picking up I try to do as I go from room to room. So far it is working great, I have energy to do it, the mess is not accumulating and I have most of the night to work on whatever I want - something I now enjoy because the house is clean:D
Just remember that you are just one person!! And you are doing a fabulous job
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  7:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Alee just my little opinion but I think Doug needs to learn a pick up after yourself, I am not your mommy lesson. Just a thought.. Hang in there

PS when you are finished with your house could you come clean up my mess?

What ? You arent my mommy?? LOL

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  7:55:21 PM  Show Profile
Alee you have many years of housecleaning ahead of you. Try and work more on a schedule for each day. Sometimes my schedule is to do something once every two weeks or everyday. As an example, I do the laundry twice a week. I usually do it on Wednesday and Saturday, and some times I have to move it to the next day if say an emergency comes up. The best tip I can give you is having Doug help. Sometimes they don't do it as well as we do the job but after a few times they start to see what really needs to be done. Dishes, clothes even helping getting Nora ready for bed helps. They are another person or adult in the house, even if they work they make messes too. I also try to pick up or put away something every time I leave a room. It helps to keep things organized. I think organization is the biggest clue.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  8:46:58 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I feel your pain. I manage a coffee house and clean up there and the last thing I want to do is come home and clean. So I wait for my day's off to do it and then spend my entire day off cleaning. I feel like I do nothing but work all the time. I try and clean something different each day and then leave just one or two things to do on my day off. It's hard because I sometimes don't want to do anything when I get home. I usually like to spray something fresh in the room, or burn inscents to make the room look and feel clean. Sometimes just making it smell clean makes a difference. I understand where you are coming from!
A good ol' cleaning hug from me to you!
Laura Marie # 369
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  8:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug and I had a bit of a tiff, but the result is that he cleaned up this evening, and he is going to be getting up 2 HOURS earlier from now on to help out with cleaning and Nora and all. YAY! Finally!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  10:05:16 AM  Show Profile
Alee-
My house is nowhere near perfect but recently I have started a fifteen minute rule. I tend to leave the house the way it is until it needs a good cleaning but now my rule is to spend fifteen minutes a day in each room of the house. Whatever I don't finish can be left for tomorrow. Guess what? Most rooms get clean before the fifteen minutes is up, sometimes in just five minutes! I figure I can do anything for just fifteen minutes...so set that timer and see what can get done. I have eight main rooms in the house so that is just two hours a day spent cleaning, at the most. That is do-able. I then do one load of laundry a day and fold it and put it away. That is seven loads a week which is more then enough for a family of five! Try it and let me know how it works out.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  10:27:39 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, that 15 minute thing sounds really good. I'm going to try it. This past week I've let the housework get away from me again. Monday and Tuesday I was kind out of it because I had two medical procedures done on Tuesday and prepped for them the afternoon and evening before. And last night I was so tired after work I just went home and passed out on the couch. I've got several loads of laundry that I'm going to try to tackle this evening when I get home. My kitchen counters seems to be the catch-all for everything here lately. I've got old receipts and junk mail all over the place. I want to get everything organized and tidy so we can get started with holiday baking and preparing next week.

Alee, I'm right there with you. I'd love to have everything done but I'm just having trouble getting motivated and finding the energy. Glad to hear Doug is pitching in more too, that will be a big help for you. I'm lucky, my hubby doesn't mind to pitch in and help as well. I don't know if you decorate for the holidays, but maybe that can be a motivation. I do want to get everything clean and organized because I plan on putting my tree up next Friday evening. Another thing that gets me in gear is if I invite people over. If I have a deadline or time to get everything done it helps.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Cleaning up Burnout Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page