Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  06:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay. I get a room clean and move on to the next room to get it clean. Mean while I am doing dishes and cooking and trying to do homework.

Then I turn around and Laundry is over flowing from the bedroom, the originally cleaned rooms are a disaster... and I think. "Wow...how did this happen?!"

So today... I declare war. And losing is not an option for me. The house WILL get clean today... or else! Wish me luck! I will keep you updated!!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  07:10:49 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I am right there with you. It has been a very busy week here. Every evening after work I've been coming home, eating, and then going right to bed. I've been so exhausted, but today it has got to be done. I've got behind on laundry and most everything else. I'm getting ready to put on some energizing music (good old rock and metal), put on my big girl panties, and deal with it. Oh, I've drafted hubby as well, he's started in the kitchen already. I wish you luck Alee!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  08:13:41 AM  Show Profile
Get er done farm girls.

Sounds as if you will be very busy today.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  08:27:26 AM  Show Profile
Good luck Alee!!
GO GIRL GO GIRL!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  08:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ladies!

I got the dishes caught up, took out the compost, washed out the stinky compost bin :( and got the kitchen counters cleaned off.

I noticed my bananas were at the "now or never" point for banana bread, so made some of that really quickly and also seasoned our cast iron pans. Now our house is a bit smokey from seasoning the pans and Doug is in the kitchen (making dirty dishes and a mess I am sure) getting crock pot chili going. At least I won't have to make dinner!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  09:52:25 AM  Show Profile
I've been in a purging our house too. I just keep thinking of more things coming into our home soon and people will be buying more at Goodwill this year so its all going! I'm sick to death of dealing with clutter (or not in my husbands not so humble opinion) so I've finished my bedroom and start the kitchen today, pantry for food bank tomorrow, boys rooms Monday, storage closet Tuesday, living room on Wednesday. I've finished all of the clothes for fall so at least that's done.

Alee, I'm making banana bread today too!

Blessings!
~Farrah
http://homesteadblogger.com/keeperofthehome/
http://oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  10:24:55 AM  Show Profile
I keep saying I am going to get on the house cleaning as soon as I get finished with the canning. Well, we had our hard freeze a couple of weeks ago and I am still canning. Did a batch of tomato juice yesterday and still have a few (to many) tomatoes that I'll do up in the next few days. Today, I am going to try to do another batch of apple something. Still have 3 five gallon buckets in the utility room. Then maybe. Not having Thanksgiving here so I'm not in any hurry. I "only" need to clean. I pretty well keep the clutter cleaned up. Laundry is not a problem, dirty dishes are always a problem. Ole Ron helps out some but only when he is feeling good and he gets to pick and choose what chore to do. Oh, well someday I'll run out of things to do and then I'll mop something.
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  10:33:18 AM  Show Profile
Giddiyup farmgirl..Take One thing at a time.. What you don't get to today... will be there waiting tomorrow.. Take a breather too. I know you can do it!

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  11:19:06 AM  Show Profile
It's looking a lot better in here now but still have a lot to do. I've been cleaning and taking small breaks every now and then. Hubby went outside and is picking up around the yard. He did a good job in the kitchen. I'm getting the laundry caught up and probably will do some more later this evening. We are planning to go out a little later this afternoon to get haircuts and etc. Then coming home to get more done. I'm listening to a digital music channel we get with our cable package called Arena Rock. They been playing some Billy Idol, Ozzy, Warrant, Poison, Alice Cooper and other music that has been giving me a little pick me up. Doing a little dancing as I clean, it sure helps elevate my mood because to be honest I dislike housework. But I love the results afterwards. Well, better get back to it.

Farmgirl Sister #25

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  11:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I got a bit sidetracked, but now I am back in the saddle. Nora will be waking up from Nap soon so then I will have a "helper" LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  12:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora got up and so had to take a break for her lunch. I got the kitchen floor deep cleaned and waxed and the kitchen area rug vacuumed. It really needs a good shampoo so hopefully I will get to that today. While I wait for the floor to dry I am going to pull the rug and scrub underneath and wax there as well. I am hoping to get this all done while Nora is in her high chair for lunch!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  2:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Phew! I am tired!

The kitchen is clean. All the dishes are done, the sink is cleaned, the drain board is cleaned. The counters are scrubbed and spices/baking things are put away. The floors are scrubbed and waxed (very clean and shiny now!) and the front of the stove is spotless.

I even got all the laundry off the laundry room floor and got the area rug in the laundry room vacuumed.

Now I need to get the laundry caught up and that will make a big difference in the dining room.

Slowly Order is spreading and I am winning over the chaos! :D Slowly and with lots of work though! LOL

The good thing about catching up on folding up the laundry is that I was starting to run low on cleaning rags!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  3:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Alee, just listening to you reminds me of when my kids were babies. Yes, they were all babies at the same time. My baby girl was born when my oldest son was 2 1/2. And my middle kid was 14 months old. (Birth control?? Never heard of it) But that was 50 years ago. Anyway, laundry? Never got it folded and put away. Did the cloth dipers, got them folded but the rest of the cloths were just pulled from the pile. You'all probably don't remember "ironing", but I would dampen the ironing and roll it up and put it in the freezer. Then take out what we needed and iron it. I remember my girlfriend hated to iron and I hated to do dishes. She would come over and do my dishes and I would do her ironing. Would take us all morning but had a good time visiting and running after 6 kids.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  5:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Belle!

My Ironing board is mad at me because I haven't had it out in months! About the only time I use it is when I am sewing on the dolls that I sell!

Here is the evening update:

I have several loads of laundry actually folded! It really is a miracle!

I organized the pantry shelf. I can see what food I have now and how much without having to dig around or estimate before going to the store.

I took out tons of garbage. Cleaning the pantry shelf led to lots of packaging getting thrown away. Not as much packaging over as if I bought from the regular store, but even stuff from Costco comes packaged somehow.

I can actually see what needs to be done in the dining room now. Not too much more. Mostly actual cleaning, a little bit of organization and some re-arranging to better utilize the space.

I have plum run out of time. I am going to finish up the laundry tonight and make sure it is all put away. That will be several more hours of work just there. Tomorrow I might get a little cleaning done, but I have a Farmgirl Chapter Meeting that will take up some of the afternoon and then I have college homework to do.

So the next day I will be working hard is Monday. I plan on having the house spic and span by Monday evening!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  8:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I got the laundry that was already done folded up and it's all put away!! Yay!

So I made a huge dent in the house today. I think I am winning!

Doug was threatened with conscription into my war if he messes up the house! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  07:01:48 AM  Show Profile
I saw a funny blog tag the other day, where the person being tagged was to take 'as-is' pictures of different areas of their house. Boy, that's an inspiration to clean up if I ever saw one! Glad you got so much done, Alee. Sounds like a busy day!

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  2:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yikes! I think your computer screen might crack if I had taken a picture of what my house HAD looked like! One time I did, it's under cleaning up entitled something like "Mountain of Laundry" or "Mount Laundry". When my mom saw it (she is Sage here on the forum) she said "I can't believe you took a picture of that and posted it on the forum!" LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  4:23:34 PM  Show Profile
LMBO Alee... Oh my You are tooo Busy a farmgirl for one weekend.. I give you permission to take some downtime the rest of the day.. (If you have dinner ready.) If not, get er done!

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  10:12:43 AM  Show Profile
Well my house and I are on a truce today. I didn't get everything done that I wanted but it does look a lot better. I'm going to roll up my sleeves and tackle it again this evening.

Farmgirl Sister #25

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  11:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great ladies! Made a new post for my resumption of the WAR!!!! This house sure looks like it is losing, but I am not on "mop up" detail yet! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  06:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Can I butt in here, ladies? I've read some and am in the same "house boat". Lately I've had not much time to do any serious cleaning. I did start in on my kitchen this morning. Got a load in the dish washer and I can actually see my counter tops again!!

I'm taking a few minutes break eating some of the best bread I got at Whole Foods in Col. Then back to it for awhile til I have to leave on some errands.

Friday I hope to have all day here to dig in and really do some things before hubby gets home. It's just really gotten way too far ahead of me lately. It's winning right now, but not for long!

Happy cleaning, Kris
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  07:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That sounds great Kristin! Keep up the great work! Soon you and I both will have fantastically clean and organized houses.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  07:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So far today I have scrubbed down the shower stall, put a load of laundry in and pulled a cold one out of the dryer, cleaned out a 2 drawer cabinent of old papers so I can store craft things in it, wiped down the kitchen floor, fed breakfast to both Nora and I, folded up some fabric pieces to put away. Now I am taking a quick break and then I will be back to the fight! LOL Overall the house is looking fabulous and I am getting more time with Nora and my homework which was the overall goal of doing this! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  2:58:19 PM  Show Profile
Alww, I did get my kitchen cleaned before I had to leave. And I just got back a little while ago. I didn't even get to come in the house for at least an hour for chasing pigs,feeding them and all the other critters and watering them all. That's enuf work for one day.

Friday, if nothing happens and I don't have to go anywhere or rescue anyone or thing, I am cleaning up the rest of the house before hubby gets home. I am going to try to not even turn this thing on til I'm done or taking a break, whichever comes first!

That is my dream fantasy, to have someone come to my house, maybe from IKEA, and help me get organized and get rid of some of this stuff. Nice dream.

How big is your house, Alee? Does it seem like you're always cleaning or needing to do something to it? I do.

Kris

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Nov 13 2008 2:59:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  3:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kristin-

I am not sure how big the house is. It's a rental so I have never measured it. It as a large master bedroom, medium sized living room, a large dining room, a minuscule kitchen and super uber tiny bathroom (I don't even have a tub!!!). They enclosed the back porch and divided it in two. One half is the laundry room, the other half is Nora's bedroom (so small rooms).

My sewing room and the storage room is the enclosed front porch.

And yes, it always feels like I am cleaning, cooking, or "fixing" something (bumped heads, spilled dog food etc).

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  06:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I've done all the animal chores, unloaded dishwasher, loaded it back up, fixed breakfast, checked e-mail, and here, actually picked stuff up on the way here and put them away. So now I think I'm ready to get started on this house.

See ya'll later! Kris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic I declare war on my house! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page