Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  09:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls, I am actually cleaning the utility room today. The last bucket of apples went to the cows, last of the potatoes are in a pan ready to cook for supper, last of the tomatoes are on one large cookie sheet, in the kitchen waiting to ripen. Still have a bunch of garlic to sort and throw away or clean and freeze. THEN all the garden stuff will be out so I can clean. We drug out the boots, coats and gloves and the summer shoes have not been put away yet. Summer/winter running into each other makes a mess. I can almost see the floor. And boy is it dirty!
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  09:22:02 AM  Show Profile
I have had a battle with my house since we came back from vacation. One of the worst things here is the dust from the woodstove but we couldn't live without it because we would freeze to death. My other battle is the dog. I had no idea a beagle would shed so much. The other day my son lost a small Lego piece under the couch and when I lifted it so he could get it, it looked like a fur rug under there and it was mostly dog hair. On Wednesday, I did alot of cleaning in here and even moved the couch but it's already all dusty. I scrubbed the kitchen floor, too but because it seems to only want to rain here the dog tracks in mud all the time.
I don't think I will ever win this battle but I can't give up. I would be afraid I would get lost among the dog hair and dust.
And that's my story.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  09:52:43 AM  Show Profile
I'm taking another break. It's 12:40. Lunchtime here. So far I have started bread, cleaned my dining room while on hold trying to pay a bill, ran around the inside of my house 500 times (a little exagerated, but quite possibly true), chased 4 pigs around the yard trying to get them back into their almost 1 acre of pasture and garden (but everythings greener and better on the other side, of course), put more rebar in places I missed last time I did rebar, while pigs watched between mouthfuls of feed and milk hoping I'll miss a spot big enuf to get thru later. I'm sure I saw one taking notes. So far they are taking a feed induced nap. I was going to stay home today, but will eventually have to go to the feed store for more vitals. Then what?

Ruth I have the same problem with the dog hair. 3 of them. Dog hair, and all the other stuff that comes out of them when they're old. The last 3 mornings first thing I have to do is clean up. I had to put down newspaper last night, but no more. They will be staying out on the porch from now on.

I guess I better see what else I can do the rest of the day.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  10:13:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ruth-The only way that I have found to keep winter dust in check is to always have a rag in my pocket and be read to wipe something down if I notice dust accumulating. Good luck with the battle!

I think I won my battle. The house is in submission now. I just have to squash the occasional revolt. Right now the Dirty Dish Rebels are trying to take back the kitchen, but hubby said he would fight that front so I am holding him to it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  10:25:21 AM  Show Profile
You go Alee! A woman's work is never done. And why is it that you can clean all day, but when the hubby and/or kids get home it looks like a bomb went off in your house? Ugh, I hate that!

Best farm wishes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic I declare war on my house! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page