CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2005 :  08:19:10 AM  Show Profile
it's 'frizzing' here in kentucky this morning after thanksgiving ..our first reeeeeeeeely COLD day! anyone else having the first 'winds of winter' in your area? how do your lifestyle routines change during wintertime? i can't even imagine being in a cold barn trying to milk a cow with frozen fingers. and i'd be throwing chicken feed out the kitchen window!

i really do enjoy the changes of seasons and cold-ish weather .. but when it gets down in the teens .. i bundle up .. and do 'outdoors' stuff for no more than a half-hour at a time! (getting ready to walk through the woods and gather greenery for christmas decorating now).

then head for town to do some of that 'black friday' shopping .. then t'other way to our county seat town (greensburg) which is only a dozen miles from us to enjoy our yearly 'santa claus' parade and festivities. i sure hope the winds don't pick up tonight .. cuz' we have lots of 'open' floats!

what are you gurlz doing on blustery days? frannie

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2005 :  4:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie

Sometimes I wish we had blustery days. Down here in South Texas we can be in the 80's in the afternoon and down in the 30's at night and flip flop like that for days. It may sound really dumb, but there are times we run the a/c during the day and the heat at night.

I have put up a small greenhouse for my next spring seedlings to stay warm at night. I've put up some protection for the chickens. The goat and pig seem happy just to have more hay. The tractor and other equipment stay in use throughout the winter, so we'll be mowing here this weekend.

I think what I'm missing is the slowed down pace. I'd like to have snowy days and curl up. I look forward to hearing everyone else's winter stories.

Blessings!
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2005 :  9:51:41 PM  Show Profile
ahhhhhh .. today was fabulous! honey hunk is making us a 'stone patio' .. and i finished digging up all the 'annuals' .. and we walked to a huge pine tree stand in the woods and gathered lots more greenery to decorate with .. and all we needed was a light sweater .. soooooo different from yesterday! i need a few more weeks of 'autumn' weather to finish all i want to accomplish outside before the snow sets in!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic B-R-R-R-R-R Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page