Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 farm book author seeking your quotes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic farm book author seeking your quotes Next Topic  

MicroEcoFarmer
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Barbara
Anacortes Washington
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  11:25:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm working on a second sustainable farming book on the benefits of connecting non-farming citizens with the actual farm itself.

Does anyone have any personal story about either of the following they'd like to share?

1. If you are or were a non-farmer, and how a visit or some direct experience with a sustainable farm helped you or your family/kids begin to understand and support sustainable agriculture on a deeper level.

2. If you currently operate a sustainable farm, even if it's a part-time and/or backyard minifarm (as long as it's up and running and producing some form of income), how bringing people to your actual farm (via workshops, roadside stand, on-farm cooking classes, on-farm store, B&B, etc.), made a difference in the success of your farm.

Thank you SO much. People can post here for the fun of it, although I'll eventually need confirmed e-mails (full names, etc.) sent to the e-mail address at the website below, for any quotes actually used.

Some parts of this new book project, to be published by New World Publishing, may also appear in a variety of magazines I write for, such as Herb Companion, Hobby Farms, AcresUSA, Heirloom Gardening, etc., so your words may go far and wide!!

Barbara Adams

Micro Eco-Farming:
Prospering from Backyard to Small Acreage in Partnership with the Earth
www.MicroEcoFarming.com
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic farm book author seeking your quotes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page