owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  08:06:24 AM  Show Profile
I had to go shopping for new shoes and a blouse yesterday for a new job I got. I hate going shopping especially for clothes. Needed a certain style blouse so I had to go to four stores before I found what I needed. Anyway, my plan was to go when the Packer game was on last night. It was great! The stores were just about empty and we're talking Walmart, Target, Fleet Farm, and Kohls, not small stores. I could park up close, cashiers were waiting for customers, dressing rooms were empty. I saw a couple of poor guys sitting in their cars listening to the game on the radio. Thanks Packers for making my shopping easier.

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  08:11:00 AM  Show Profile
glad you had a fun shopping experience, gurlfren ... did you get a pretty blouse and some great new shoes? frannie
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  09:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Jan, I noticed the same thing when I lived in Tampa Bay and a Buccaneer game would be on - just stay away from the major streets letting off from the stadium, and you could go to Ross, TJ Maxx, Target...with much less crowd to fight- really nice!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Best Time To Shop Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page